LED display screens have become the preferable option for video wall applications, thereby claiming a significant market portion from projectors or LCDs. However, there are a few cases where LEDs lack the capability and LCD comes to the rescue- for instance, when a person needs a small screen with high resolution, LCD emerges as the only choice. Similarly, for someone who wants low ambient light level, projectors are a viable solution. But, there is no denial in saying that LEDs are irreplaceable and turn out to be the best for video displays.
To begin with, it is necessary to know the area where they will be applied and why. Since LEDs are versatile and can fit in a number of scenarios, companies can replace traditional media with them, thereby feeling no need to print or use outdated display technologies like projector screens and LCD panels.
Below are a few scenarios where LEDs are commonly used and needed to be installed:
- Ceiling Hung: When it comes to indoor or semi-indoor use, ceiling hung installation of LEDs is the best as they do not need any physical space, thereby saving a lot of space. Apart from indoors, these installations are also good for locations like entrances, passageways, venues, stations etc. However, make sure that these screens are small to medium sized because this installation cannot bear more weight.
- Wall-Embedded: This type of installation is also good for both outdoor and indoor applications. This method needs flushing or embedding of the LED display with the wall to enhance overall aesthetics of the space. The only thing to consider is the designing and planning stage for LED screen installation because it needs support from a steel frame.
- Wall-Mounted: It is one of the famous and commonly known methods for outdoor and indoor installations. It requires a custom-made steel frame bracket to mount on the wall to give support to the LED display panels.
- Single or Double Pole: This type of installation is needed for advertising boards or IP68 outdoor led display. Apart from the steel poles, a large concrete foundation has to be made underneath so that the whole structure stays in its place for as long as it is needed.
- Overhead Screen: Also referred to as overhead panel (OHP), LED display screens need to be installed on a standalone steel frame so that it can even be part of an existing pedestrian bridge.
- Mobile Application: This method has got popular over the couple of years as it involves installation of a complete display system on movable vehicles like vans, trucks or buses. They are usually needed for display advertisements or backdrops with sound reinforcement system.
- Weather Resistant Capability: The thing that creates a major difference between outdoor and LED display is the ability to resist weather conditions. It is usually measured in an Ingress Protection (IP) Rating, whose details are given below:
- Brightness Difference: Another thing between outdoor and indoor LED screen display panels is their brightness that is measured in nits or cd/m2. Higher measurement ensures more visibility in strong light and vice versa. With that being said, outdoor LED screens are provided with high brightness, which range between 4,500 nits and 7,000 nits. On the contrary, indoor LED screens do not have such requirement because they do not need much light.