Scarred skin can be a big problem for some people. Some people wear their scars like badges of honour, but others feel very self conscious about them. They can come in all shapes and sizes. Some scars are red/pink and raised. Some are silvery white. Some were caused by cesarean sections, others by injuries. However you obtained your scars and whatever they look like, you can reduce their appearance in next to no time. Here are some tried and tested tips.
Bio oil is a very effective way to reduce the appearance of scars and scar tissue. It may take a while to see real results, but if you are consistent there’s no reason you can’t make your scars virtually disappear with it. It’s a good idea to take progress pictures so you can see side by side how well you are reducing the look of your scars. You can apply it directly or even add it to your bath water.
Keeping your skin moisturised is one of the best ways to treat scars, according to new research. Moisturiser that contains collagen can be especially effective at reducing the appearance of scars, as it plumps them up and makes them less noticeable.
Dermabrasion is a treatment designed to remove the top layers of the skin, leaving new, glowing skin beneath. Consistent dermabrasion treatments can reduce the appearance of even serious scarring over time.
With laser treatment, you can notice improvement in your scars after just one 30 minute treatment. It doesn’t hinder your ability to go about as you usually would, and you can resume regular activity straight away. There are many comprehensive scar treatments like this that will do the job.
If you have keloid scars or similar scars, steroid injections can be used to reduce the appearance of them. Steroid cream is another popular method of reducing the appearance of them. Silicone is another popular element of healing a scar’s appearance.
There are a number of natural remedies you can use for scar removal that are cheap and really help. Take a look at some of the following:
- Rosehip seed oil can be applied directly to scars twice a day. It is commonly used in creams and other treatments.
- Lemon juice can reduce scars when applied straight to the skin.
- Diluted tea tree oil is sworn by many people to help reduce their scarring.
- Coconut oil smoothed onto a scar can be a big help. It has also been renowned for weight loss!
- Honey is another ingredient said to reduce the appearance of scarring.
- Olive oil applied daily will reduce scars and moisturise.
- A natural salt scrub including papaya will help to revive skin and make scars look less visible.
There’s no reason for you to cover your scars with concealer any longer. You can reduce their appearance dramatically by using one of the remedies outlined above. Some will depend on what kind of scarring you have and how bad it is. Take action now!