Air conditioners can be a lifesaver during the summer months. An air conditioning system in your home can help provide the comfort and cooling relief you need to enjoy hotter months, especially when temperatures exceed the safe levels set by experts. An air conditioning system contributes greatly to the health and well-being of your family and keeps your home more comfortable year-round.
However, you cannot expect your air conditioner to work efficiently all the time. An air conditioning emergency can happen, and you should be prepared for it.
In an emergency situation, take these important steps to help ensure your safety and the safety of your family.
- Stop using the air conditioning unit – shut it off at the thermostat or circuit breaker box immediately.
- Be safe – do not work on or try to repair the air conditioning system yourself.
- Stay cool – open windows or run fans to circulate cool outside air into your home.
- Wait it out – most repairs can take place in just a few hours.
- If there’s a gas leak, notify 911 and leave the premises immediately, shutting off your air conditioning unit as you go, and contact your utility company from a neighbor’s house or cell phone.
Invest in a professional AC repair Austin
Are you having problems with your air conditioning system in your Austin home? If yes, make no delays and schedule a professional AC repair right away. Hiring a professional to repair your home’s air conditioning system is a great way to know that the job is done right and with safe results.
Find an affordable, highly-reviewed local professional to repair your AC instead of trying DIY solutions and risking more damage to your home. Call your trusted local HVAC company now to schedule an appointment!