In today’s stressful life, sound sleep plays the role of a good medication and meditation. To have a sound sleep you should sleep on the right choice of bed and mattresses that comforts you most of your life. You will automatically start thinking of wellness, not the illness. In our life, we spend a considerable amount of time in bed. When you think about buying a new bed, hundreds of questions will confuse you like should you opt for a single bed or a king-size bed, a wooden bed or a metallic bed, buy it online or offline. The doubts are endless. So to put an end to this, let’s talk about the features of the wooden bed and metal bed. Because these are the most common materials used in the manufacture of bed. However, the solid wooden bed is considered superior to metal bed by most of the people. But both have their pros and cons. Here are some.
- Comfort: The minimum requirement a bed can fulfil is a night of sound sleep. We all get back home after a long day’s work expecting some relaxation on our cosy bed. But nothing can be worse than not being able to find the comfort that you were looking for after a long tiring day. Experts say that wooden beds are more comfortable than metal beds. Wooden beds are sturdy and can last a lifetime. Metal beds are more fragile and do not give the correct support to hold the mattress in place. Wooden slats are flexible and crafted to ensure a comfortable position throughout the night and provide sufficient sleep.
- Noise: Your sleep can be adversely affected by the noise made by the bed. These are more likely in the case of metal beds. In wooden beds, every joint fits so perfectly that you will not experience the creaks and squeaks.
- Style: The bedroom is the cosiest place in the house and to intensify that sentiment wooden beds help. Hence your choice can either complete the look or it can completely spoil the look of your room. Wooden bed leaves a bold statement and its unique finish gives it a classy, sophisticated, and luxuries look. Whereas metal frame beds are very simple and often look cheap and you can’t find the finish of a wooden bed. Wooden frames have a more pleasing appearance compared to metal frames. Wooden frames can be stained and re-stained to match the rest of your room.
- Customization: Wooden bed frames can be carved into different shapes and style whereas metal frames are not so customizable. Because of the less cost, it offers very few customizable options like different colour choices. Wooden beds provide storage space too. But the main disadvantage of metal bed is that it does not come with in-built storage space. If you are looking for a neat and tidy bedroom then wooden storage bed will be your right choice. Leading bed manufacturers like Wakefit provides the option of choosing a self-assembly bed with a wooden frame. This is yet another advantage of a wooden bed.
- Durability: Metal beds are less durable due to the usage of cheaper raw material while manufacturing. At the same time, wooden beds are long-lasting though expensive. Wooden beds often come with a money-back guarantee, and replacement or refund policy when compared to metal beds.
- Eco-friendly: Wood is a renewable natural resource and wooden beds can be easily recycled and reused. At the same time, metal beds cannot be recycled and its processing causes atmospheric pollution.
Buying a bed is a big decision; hence you should not take it lightly. After all, you are going to invest in something that will become a part of your daily life. So ensure to purchase one that fits your specific requirements. You shall never regret saving some money at the cost of your good night’s sleep. Remember to make a wise decision.