When you are going to see an eye expert, you need to ensure that you are getting all of your questions answered right away. There might be a huge array of questions that you have and the optometrist that you are seeing would be able to answer them, but how you do you know what you should be asking them? Here are just a few of the top questions that everyone asks the experts. When you are heading to the first-ever appointment or when you are visiting a new eye doctor you can take help of the list of questions mentioned below.
Questions to Make Sure to Ask
You want to ensure that you are aware of the questions that you should be asking the optometrist when you see them during your appointment.
Some Of The Main Questions That Should Be Asked Include:
- How long have you been working as an optometrist?
- Where did study and practice?
- What is the best method I can use for monitoring the health of my eyes?
- How often do you suggest I come back for a full comprehensive exam of my eyes?
- What types of lifestyle changes can be made to reduce or prevent the risk of any eye disease?
- What tests are going to be done today and do they require any dilation to check for various diseases like macular degeneration or glaucoma?
- Am I at high risk for developing any disease of the eye?
- The symptoms that I am having, do they suggest anything critical?
- Can I start wearing contact lenses rather than glasses? Am I using the right brand and type?
- What are the standard treatments for the eye disease that I have?
- How long will the exam take and what will be involved in it?
- What will the cost be for the eye exam?
- What should I be doing for my child who has problems with their vision?
- Can you as an optometrist help me with my child or do I need to take them to a specialist that deals with children alone?
- Do eye drops or medications have specific side effects that I need to be aware of?
- Which option is more effective for me contact lenses or glasses? Which would work better in general?
- Where can I find some more detailed information regarding the problem I am having with my vision?
- How can I reach you if there is an emergency? Do I need to call your office or can I call you directly?
- What classifies as an emergency and do you have after hour appointments?
- Where else do you have appointment timings if I need them?
- Can you recommend me another optometrist for another area?
These are only a few of the main questions that you should be asking, and these are all critical to know the answers to. If you have any problems, then they are the ones who can answer your questions. Make sure that you are writing down everything that you want to ask them, even if your questions aren’t on this list. The doubts in your mind should be cleared and you need to ask without any hesitation.
Make sure that you are aware of the various questions that any optometrist would be able to answer, and you should be asking them about any medications or eye diseases that you have. You also want to know where you can find out more about what they have diagnosed you with and what are the common types of treatments as well. Also, ask them about the tests that are going to be done, and the amount of time that would be required as well as if contact lenses or glasses would work better for your vision correction.