Understanding what cannabis extracts are and which are the best extraction methods is an important step in learning more about cannabis!
You may be surprised to learn that cannabis extraction is just as complicated as the growing process used to get the cannabis flower. Cannabis extracts come in several different forms and are known as concentrates because they contain concentrated levels of cannabinoids such as THC and CBD. There are several different cannabis concentrates and extraction methods for getting them.
Different Cannabis Extraction Methods
There are several different cannabis extraction methods which are widely used across the concentrate industry. Some of the different extraction methods used are water, alcohol, ethanol, butane, and CO2. All are utilized as solvents during the extraction process,and the final products are oils, waxes, shatters, hash, and budder. Not all these products are included in countries and states where cannabis is legal, but most will be included shortly. Concentrates deliver a very potent high, and it’s important that you take it slowly whenever you use concentrates for the first time.
What Are The Benefits Of Cannabis Concentrates?
Cannabis concentrates offer several different benefits which include:
- Cannabis concentrates allow you to choose concentrates with different profiles and specific effects. This gives you the opportunity to take advantage of different cannabis profiles, flavors, and effects.
- Cannabis concentrates, while being much stronger, also allow you to take advantage of much more accurate dosing. This is ideal for medicinal marijuana users.
- Cannabis concentrates such as pills, creams, and oils can be much more discreet than smoking and vaping cannabis.
How can you experience cannabis concentrates?
There are several different ways that users can take advantage of cannabis concentrates, this is one of the reasons why they’re so appealing to many people.
- Smoking – Just like dried marijuana flowers, you can also smoke cannabis concentrates such as hashish and kief. You can smoke them in water pipes, bongs, or simply add them to dry flower and smoke them in a joint.
- Tinctures – Liquid concentrates such as drops, and oils can be added directly into your favorite foods and drinks or taken straight into your mouth. This is a great method for medical users that don’t enjoy vaping, dabbing, or smoking cannabis.
- Vaping – Cannabis concentrates such as oils, waxes, and shatter can all be used in a vaporizer and vaped discreetly. There aren’t large clouds of vapor, just small, discreet puffs of vapor. This is great if you’re trying to be discreet about your cannabis concentrates.
- Dabbing – Dabbing is a relatively new way to enjoy cannabis concentrates. It’s going to require that you buy a dab rig, but you’ll find the small investment is well worth it. A small skillet is heated, and the vaporized concentrate is inhaled by the user.
- Edibles – If you don’t want to mess around with vaping and dabbing, then edibles are a great way to enjoy cannabis concentrates. You can buy pre-made edibles or just add concentrates to your own favorite recipes. Take it slowly until you understand the dosage and your tolerances.