A considerable amount of the immunity a dog boasts of comes from its gastrointestinal system. And that is why it is extremely important for you to take steps in order to keep your dog’s digestive system in a healthy state. And remember, maintaining a good digestive health does not only mean keeping a dog away from loose stools and upset stomach. Your efforts need to ensure a well round development of your dog’s health.
Even if your dog is not showing any sign of digestive issue, you can provide it probiotics in order to keep the levels of healthy bacteria in its gut intact. This will make sure the bad bacteria in the gut don’t take over the good bacteria. Dogs that have an imbalance in the gut flora might suffer from so many kinds of digestive issues. Thankfully, with the consumption of probiotics, your dog will be able to stay away from all such problems.
Have a look at these amazing ways in which the intake of probiotics will help your dog stay fit and healthy internally-
- A lot of research studies show that dogs show tremendous improvement in their skin by taking probiotics. By improvement of the skin, we don’t mean lustrous hair; we rather mean the absence of problems such as allergies and itchiness. This will definitely require other treatments but a probiotic does its job well in keeping a dog away from allergy symptoms.
- Just like human beings have routines, dogs also love to follow day to day routines to keep their health intact. And any change in the routine can impact a dog’s health adversely. That is why if you are thinking of travelling, shifting from one place to another or taking your dog to some unfamiliar allocation just for a few days, keeping it on a dose of probiotics is highly advisable. The good bacteria present in probiotics will help maintain your dog’s gut flora. As a result of which, you will never notice any complaint in the digestive system of your dog. By providing your dog with a dose of probiotics daily, you won’t have to worry about taking it to any place, no matter how unfamiliar it is for the pet.
- An important thing that you will have to keep in mind is that the balance of flora inside the gut of your dog can get disturbed considerably after a bout of digestive illness. Hence, if your dog is suffering from some problem like pancreatitis, colitis, gastritis or inflammatory bowel disease, then it would be wise of you to make it have probiotics on a daily basis. And that is probably the reason why a lot of vets like to treat problems of diarrhoea with probiotics.
- A lot of dogs suffer from idiopathic gastrointestinal symptoms. This means that the problem they are suffering from is not clear. The source of such an ailment can be anything starting from food allergy to stress and consumption of stuff they are not used to consuming. But no matter what the cause of the problem is, if your dog is suffering from diarrhoea or chronic vomiting, it will aggravate if the balance of the bacteria present in the gut is not re-stabilized after the bout of the disease.
- If you’re thinking of adopting a shelter dog or a rescue dog, then it would be wise of you to put it on probiotics. The reason why we recommend doing this is because you do not know the history of such dogs. You do not know when they had to leave their mother and you can’t guess what they ate before they were rescued. It is also difficult to say if they have any kind of medical issue. And that is why it is best to give probiotics to such a dog so that its immunity gets boosted and it can fight any kind of gastrointestinal problem that it might be suffering from.
- Moving to a new house, addition of a new member to your family, boarding and traveling are some events that can put your dog on stress. Yes, your dog can get stressed by such happenings in its life. And believe it or not, such things can really upset your dog’s gastrointestinal system. Some dogs even vomit and get loose motions due to excessive stress. And that is why if you have noticed that your dog is excessively nervous or is stressed because of some reason, then do care to put it on probiotics.
- A lot of dogs do not like it when you change their diet. But sometimes, you have to do so when you feel that the current food is not boosting their health or if your vet has suggested that your dog be put on some other diet. Dogs can suffer from problems like diarrhoea and vomiting when they are made to eat something that they are not accustomed to eating. Thankfully, you can do away with all such problems by simply giving your dog probiotics with its meals. Probiotics will make this transitioning of diet smooth for your pup.
- Whether you have a black Chow Chow dog or some other variety of this breed, if you see it eating its own poop then you will have to know that all is not well with its gut. Eating poop is not just a matter of bad habit; a lot of dogs do so because they suffer from some kind of deficiency in the digestive tract. By boosting your pet’s gut health with healthy bacteria present in probiotics, you will prevent your dog from practicing coprophagy.
- On a lot of occasions, a Chinese Chow Chow dog could feel really sick after it takes antibiotics or steroids. The reason is an imbalance in the gut flora. By including probiotics in your dog’s diet, you will help it feel better.
These are not the only ways you can help your dog lead a healthy life by putting it on probiotics, there are many others. So, one thing is pretty clear here that probiotics are like a godsend for your dog. So, don’t ignore it thinking it to be just another fad product!