Privacy at the workplace is very crucial and can substantially affect the overall worker productivity, employee motivation, retention as well as satisfaction. This can also impact the overall number of sick days which the employees usually take! In order to get the most of the shared offices Mumbai, here are some of the useful hacks which can be applied:
- Blocking the noise: A good pair of noise-canceling headphones should be a must-have gadget while working in a shared office. Even in case you are not a lover of music, you can just plug in for avoiding the noise of the surroundings in a shared office which usually is a happening place with a lot of hustle and bustle most of the times. This also helps you in staying calm and completely focused on the workplace.
- Escape zones: This is obvious that most of us at times feel like isolating ourselves from the distractions in order to concentrate well. In most of the cases, the modern workplaces and shared offices have been planned with the specially designed stress-free zones which have the capacity of advancing the work-life balance. The shared office spaces offer open spaces which act as stress-free zones. Here the individuals can sneak out for attending the calls or relax over a cup of coffee.
- Using the spaces correctly: A familiar saying which states “A place for everything & everything in its place” undoubtedly makes a lot of sense. The cluttered workspaces always tend to look crunched and smaller and this keep the things away while they are being used. You can use the lockers and storage racks which are usually present under the desk organizers. This will make the workspace look clean and also help you in working more efficiently and in proper order.
- Opaque partition: We all are aware of the adage that the great fences usually make great neighbors. The open office layout is not always suitable for all the businesses and employees and thus the workbench dividers can work as an effective privacy shield. The workbench dividers can be incorporated without causing any disturbance to the clean design of the seating arrangements.
- Keeping the data safe: You can easily choose what others can witness on your work desk while you are away. You should not leave your devices open or unattended in a shared office space. None knows who is snooping around and can peep at your works. Additionally, you should check with the shared office provider whether there is adequate technical security in place. You necessarily need to ensure the network security/safety measures which exist while signing up.
- Backup your data: This is one of the most basic things that you can do but you should never overlook the significance of the same. By opting to do the same, you would create a duplicate copy of all your data so that if your device is compromised, stolen or lost, you do not have to lose any of your crucial information. This would be wise to create a backup on a separate device like an external hard drive from where you can recover all your information very easily when your original device is somehow compromised at any point of time.
- Disabling the media and file sharing if you do not require the same: When you are connected to the wireless network of the shared office, you might find it quite convenient to share the files between the machines. However, you should keep this in mind that there is no reason in making the files publicly available if this is not necessary. So, when you are operating from a shared office, you should preferably disable your media and file sharing option in order to increase the privacy of your data and works.
- Delete your old files from the cloud backup of the shared office: In case you are used to backing up your data in the secured cloud storage of the shared office, then this is certainly a wise thing that you are doing. The cloud backups should be handled very carefully and the old files from the cloud should necessarily be removed from the cloud to maintain complete security.
Adhering to the above measures would ensure and increase your overall privacy while you are operating from coworking spaces. You can share your experiences and viewpoints on this aspect by writing to us in the comment box below.