In recent times, it is quite normal for candidates to take up online assessment tests to get into an organization. There are a few companies who still recruit with paper-based tests but to assign one out of sixteen personality types based tests and evaluate the responses is a tedious job if done manually.
This is why employers prefer to review these personality type exams online to see if you would fit in with their organizational values or not. Just like you go through the job description before applying for the job, the psychometric test gives the employers the detailed description of your abilities required of you while performing the task.
The only intention of these tests is to check if you are apt for the vision of the organization you are hoping to join. Besides your answers give out your way of handling pressure and your working style in the team.
There are types of tests that give the measure of intelligence, aptitude along with personality that is essential for the job. These tests can be given immediately after you submit your application form or an add-on to your personal interview. They are:
Aptitude Tests: These tests are aimed at assessing a specific skill that depends on the type of job you have applied for. For example, in case you are required to design a website, you will be asked to design one with simple framework or answer how you would be doing one. For example, in case you are required to design a website, you will be asked to design one with simple framework or answer how you would be doing one.
The categories below are a part of aptitude tests
- Numerical reasoning test: The representation of statistical information using charts and graphs is used to assess your mathematical abilities.
- Verbal reasoning test: You communication or the way you make an informed decision is evaluated to determine your verbal reasoning abilities.
- Inductive reasoning test: Identifying trends or patterns through diagrammatic information help determine your inductive abilities.
- Diagrammatic reasoning test: These your capacity of reasoning with the help of flowcharts and diagrams is used for evaluation purpose. Try a free sample test below.
- Logical reasoning test: This is another way of evaluating your logical skills based on decision making capabilities.
- Error checking test: You will be asked to identify errors in complex data sets such as codes, or combinations or simple sentences with grammatical error depending on the type of job you have applied for.
Some advanced technical skills may be needed for answering these tests that usually comprise of multiple-choice questions. It required you to work out an answer within a fixed framework and a specified time frame to complete them.
Complex tests involve Identifying strategies to solve the issue and promoting technological innovation. This type of a psychometric test is sought after by some firms who would expect you to become familiar with the comprehension and arithmetic aspects of it
You can try practicing on examples or model questionnaires for preparation and ask if you find anything unclear. By doing so you would be able to improve your performance in the real test.