Damage in the water pipe is very seriously matter and can cause a flood in the entire premise of business or home. So, need to know water damage restoration properly not being spread out another area. Damage can happen for natural calamity or malfunction in the water pipe.
Whatever the reason it can lose your expensive furniture. Even more causes an accident by electricity, if the power is on! But we can prevent any damage and protect valuable asset if the necessary step is taken timely.
4 Ways How to Restore Water Damage
It is quite a trouble after the massive flood on the floor due to leakage in the water pipe. Need to wipe out immediately. If the water spread out in the small area, that can manage.
But if it is spread in the business territory, that hazards. So, have a look at how to restore the damage in a short time, and the necessary move may be taken.
Wipe out the floor
Wipe out the floor as soon as possible. Do not spread out on the area. Use a dry cloth to remove water. If the water is excessive, use a mop to clean the floor. Turn on the fan to dry out the water soon.
If it happens on your office or business place, use a vacuum to dry out. Before that clear, the pipe to water may pass.
Move the Furniture’s
The furniture has on the room might be soaked as well. So, remove the furniture from the place to dry out properly. The other furniture not being soaked yet move them immediately. Absorb the water right away, if any furniture is wet entirely.
Otherwise, the wooden furniture might be affected. If the furniture wet much, keep them in an open area. The sun heat or air will do the rest of the job.
Clear the Drainage System
The water passes the way called sewer or drain. Check out the pipe of your bathroom or kitchen the water pass usually. If the passing point is blocked, clear it and let the water pass.
Then wipe out the surface of your room. Sometimes, the problem arises on the main drainage system or water tank. So, monthly clean up your water tank and sewer to continue the water flow.
Call out the professional plumber
Call out the professional water damage repair or plumber to fix the problem. If your area washed away and you cannot handle it, seek help from the expert. They can help with and fix the pipe or clean the drain.
It is essential to check the water tank, sewer, and water pipe once a month. The water tank and the drain must be cleaned time to time. Otherwise, water Clogged by massive dirt and lichen.
Do’s and Don’ts Everyone should know
Prevention is better than cure. So, maintenance is better than water damage repair. Have a glance at the important tips and tricks to avoid the water damage problem.
- Clean up the water tank and drain by professional every month.
- Use tank cleaning solution to remove mildew or moss. Long-term dirt can cause a serious health problem.
- Do not throw any garbage or hard material on the toilet or kitchen pipe.
- Don’t try to flash or drain any small cloth, napkin or hair. These create blockage on the pipe.
- The oil and fat we wash on the basin that also blocks the water flow. So, be careful about it.
- Clean up your kitchen, basin and toilet weekly. Fall some hot water on the basin. That will melt the oil and sustain the water flow.
- Turn off the electric power immediately and move the electronic applicant, if it is flooded due to natural disaster or malfunction.
- Until the situation is under your control, don’t use an electric vacuum or anything like this.
Hopefully, having such information will help you a bit while fixing the water damage. On the other hand, always be careful and check out the tank and power supply. So, you won’t face the problem continuously.
Get help with professional services. They might suggest you before any problem occurs. Besides, be helpful with other people while doing the water damage restoration.