There are lists everywhere about what you need to take with you to college. Everyone knows you need clothing, bed linens, towels and washcloths, toiletries, and other necessities. But, it’s never a thing you get there and you might realize that there was an entire list of things nobody told you to bring, that you really need. Before you finalize your shopping and packing for college, make sure you pick up these little luxuries. You’ll be thankful that you did a million times over.
Things You’ll Be Glad to Have
- Laundry stain remover – Treating stains as soon as you take the clothing off can save you a bundle in clothing costs and can also spare you the embarrassment of walking around in funky duds.
- A belt – When you are packing clothes, it is too easy to forget that you will need a belt from time to time. Since belts can be pricey, at least to a broke college student, make sure you take one with you.
- Rain gear – You are going to spend a great deal of your time walking from one place to the next, even in the rain. Make sure you take a good sized umbrella, rain poncho, rain boots, and other rain gear to keep you from looking like a drowned rat in your classes.
- Tweezers – This often-overlooked implement can be useful for many things. You will need your tweezers for grooming, removing splinters, handling small items, and more. This is definitely one of the things you will miss if you don’t have it.
- Nail clippers and file – Nobody likes people with grungy nails. Make sure you have the tools to keep yours looking neat and clean.
- Common medications – There are few things worse than getting a killer headache or a cold and having to pay a ridiculous price for medication at the campus convenience store. Besides, if you are sick do you really feel like going shopping?
- Laptop carrying case and lock – You are likely going to travel a lot with your laptop. Keep your investment safe with a good carrying case. Adding a lock will also deter theft and keep your computer in your possession, where it belongs.
- Camera – Although it is not necessarily a college necessity, won’t it be great to have a way to record all of your great college memories? Besides, your parents and siblings will be thrilled to see pictures of your new friends and new life when you go to visit.
- Tape and glue – Make sure you pack masking tape, scotch tape, duct tape, and super glue. You will use these things more than you would imagine.
- Baggies – Zipper seal plastic bags in a variety of sizes are a must-have. You can use them to transport toiletries when you travel, to keep small objects together, to protect your phone and wallet when around water, to organize photographs, to store leftover food, and much, much, more. Plastic storage bags are one of the most versatile things you can have in your room.
Erik D. is a writer for How2becomeapoliceofficer.com. If you want to earn the probation officer salary, this site is great to help you how to become a probation officer and any other questions you might have.