The time has changed and buying home security cameras online are no more a luxury just for the rich. If you want to protect your home and property, then you must consider buying cameras. With the prices of cameras have dropped drastically, even the people with lower income can easily afford it.
When you plan to buy home security cameras system online, you must consider certain factors. Do you need a camera for indoor surveillance or for outdoor purpose? What features you expect?
What about the storage capacity? – are few of the things to mention. With a number of surveillance cameras available online, consumers should consider these points for sure.
Types of home security cameras system you can buy online
If you are a first-time buyer then the options available in the online marketplaces can be overwhelming. So it is better to get familiar with the few technical terms and be sure about what you want. This will help you narrow down the search.
- Indoor cameras: You can use these cameras for a number of purposes. You can monitor your baby in the nursery; keep an eye on house sitters, babysitters or people who visit your home in your absence. You can easily monitor different rooms and know what is going on in there.
- Outdoor cameras: Outdoor cameras can help you detect intruders who are trying to break in. you can keep discreet cameras or go for ones that are very obvious to spot. The best thing about the cameras is that they can easily withstand the elements like water or wind as they are weatherproof and waterproof. You can easily have multiple cameras around your home to protect your whole property.
Choices of cameras
You can go for a single camera or multiple cameras, hidden cameras or multi-room cameras as per your choice. Your need and price help you decide the home security cameras system you want to buy.
Different types of cameras
There are a number of home surveillance cameras available in the market. You can either purchase a single camera or go for a complete surveillance system. Using big cameras outdoor can ward off the intruders while hidden cameras can help you keep an eye on the nanny. Some of the features to look out for are
- Wired or wireless: Both these type of cameras come with a set of pros and cons. In the case of wireless cameras, the signals are transmitted without any wires. You can easily fix them anywhere and can be used for discreet recordings. But if any interruptions take place in the signal, you might lose recordings ranging from few minutes to days.
- On the other hand, wired cameras cannot be installed at discrete locations and the wires can look cumbersome. But the best thing about them is that you can easily get clearer pictures without any interruptions. You can easily have a neat wired home security system by completing the wiring process during the construction phase.
- Black & white or color: For home security purpose there is no need to buy cameras system that is colored. But you have to be sure that you are using cameras with a high-quality picture. If you are buying cameras for the outdoor, better be sure to have the night vision feature.
- Resolution: Most of the cameras come with 350 – 400 TV lines. This can be enough if you are buying cameras for residential purposes. Again higher resolution cameras are also available in the range of 480 – 800 TV lines.
- Coverage: The area covered by the cameras is important when it comes to choosing the right number of cameras. Nowadays wide-angle lenses are available to cover wider space. You can even go for the PTZ cameras that offer you a 360-degree view.
Buying the right home security cameras can definitely help you protect your home and family. So make sure you invest in a good one that can offer you better results.