Are you lately suffering from a tooth cavity? If yes, instead of ignoring the issue and enduring the associated excruciating pain, it is necessary to address and resolve things right away. Not doing so can trigger severe complications and negatively impact overall wellbeing to a great extent. Now while visiting a dentist, consuming medications, and undertaking a filling might seem viable, you can also try out certain home remedies that have proven to be utterly effective. To know what they are, please buy some time and check out the below-mentioned pointers.
- Fluoride is believed to be incredibly beneficial probably because it helps to remineralize teeth. You must gargle with mouthwashes containing this particular component every morning and night after brushing.
- Rinsing mouth with warm salt water, be it Epsom salt or normal table salt, can wash out cavities in a seamless manner. The solution is known for stabilising acidic pH level and removing the stickiness created. Now isn’t that absolutely amazing?
- Applying alcohol compress for four to five minutes each day can kill the germs responsible for tooth decay. Now beverages such as whiskey, vodka, and gin can sting but the sensation would subside on its own.
- Bone broth is basically a soup prepared by boiling the bones of fit animals mixed with fresh vegetables. Owing to being loaded with magnesium and calcium, it can remove cavities and allow you to fight tooth decay.
- According to a renowned dentist of Ingle Farm, massaging the affected tooth with clove oil twice a day can offer relief from discomfort caused due to cavities. Eugenol found in the said product can obstruct growth of varied bacteria, viruses, and fungi.
- Brushing teeth thoroughly with baking soda stands to be an excellent idea. It is an antimicrobial agent whose alkalinity can neutralise the amount of acids present in your mouth leading to cavities. Having said that, remember that using baking soda for a prolonged period can damage enamel.
- You can make your own toothpaste by mixing bentonite clay with pure coconut oil and a few drops of essential oil (peppermint, rosemary, tea tree, etc.). Bentonite clay can not only destroy the harmful bacteria but can also absorb the brown/black deposit from the infested tooth.
- Although it might sound a bit strange to some, eggshells loaded with calcium carbonate can also restore minerals and keep cavities at bay. Prior to using, clean and boil the eggshells, grind them into fine powder, and then add coconut oil as well as baking soda.
- In addition to cavities, swishing mouth with hydrogen peroxide before going to bed can also help you avoid other kinds of complex conditions such as gingivitis. However using it daily without any sort of gap can lead to irritations.
- Drinking wheatgrass juice or chewing it raw can also keep your teeth healthy. Apart from antibacterial properties, wheatgrass is also noted for being an excellent source of vitamin A & E, calcium, iron, and magnesium.
Keeping the tips specified above in mind and implementing them with maximum caution can most successfully prevent cavities from occurring in the first place and enhance oral health.