Here’s the thing about trends – they come and go every single year and it is completely up to you to figure out which of the trends suits you and your house in particular. Or rather, which part of your home does the trend fit. That is the main aspect that most people need to keep in mind at all times. An ill-fitting trend is bound to stand out in your home space for all the wrong reasons. Having said that, you most certainly do not want to find out about it too late.
Out of all the home spaces, your kitchen is one of the main places that you will have to be extremely careful about. You may be exploring the aspect of kitchen renovations in Cairns provided by Paulene Benko Interior Designs, but one still needs to be wary. Other spaces in your home can still be experimented with to quite a certain degree. This is not the case with the kitchen. The last thing you could ask for is a kitchen that is out of sync within just a few years simply because you followed a trend that lasted for a negligible period of time.
For this reason alone, you need to realise the importance of being aware of the several popular trends that have enough staying power for a couple of years at the very least.
- White on White kitchens: Most people overlook the fact that white appliances are easier to maintain than stainless steel appliances. First of all, it does not smudge at all plus there is also the fact that as a colour, white is able to blend into any style across the board. Hence, you can be sure of the fact that white will never go out of fashion.
- The aspect of smaller appliances: Since smaller kitchens are quite popular these days, you can be sure of the fact that the aspect of smaller appliances is also the rage these days. A tight and compact refrigerator drawer plus the microwave/convection oven combo is becoming more and more common by the day.
- Quartz countertops: Now why exactly is quartz so sought after by a lot of homeowners out there? For the simple reason that it is one of the toughest countertop materials that can resist all kinds of burns, scratches and chips as well. Plus, you also have the advantage of being able to choose from a wide and extensive range of colours.
- LED rope lighting: One thing is for sure – LED lighting is a refreshingly cool concept that is certainly going to stick around for a while. This is mainly because not only do they come in a variety of colours and one can be as creative as possible with them, but they are also energy-efficient and emit little to no heat.
- Multiple small fridges: Gone are the days when refrigeration was limited to a single bulky unit. Now more and more homeowners are customising their cooling needs by adding two to three fridges containing food, soft drinks and alcoholic beverages separately.
- Faucets that are touch-activated: Since 2013, the sheer appeal and popularity of touch-activated faucets have skyrocketed. As far as sheer convenience is concerned, this beats everything. Not only will you be saving water, but you won’t have to worry about turning on the faucet the next time your hands are dirty.
- Having a transitional design: In the world of today, contemporary designs are clean with an extremely sleek and classy look. But with a subtle combination of traditional and contemporary designs, you will be able to achieve the best aspects of both designs.
At the end of the day, you owe it to yourself to find a trend that isn’t going away anytime soon. That is the key. Such trends will not only address all of your lifestyle and convenience needs, but also the aspect of savings as well. Also, be sure not to follow a trend simply because a vast majority of other people are doing so. Too many people have fallen prey to this tactic over and over again.
Just remember that simply because a particular trend may work for your neighbour’s kitchen does not necessarily mean that it is the same case for your kitchen. Following popular trends will only get you so far. Beyond a certain point, you need to figure what works the best for your home.