The indoor and international system for educators of English teachers has been increasing rapidly. Keeping in mind the order of English language, M.A English highlights the preparation of educators, in the way which encourages autonomous LPU distance education MA English syllabus and other independent learning education procedures that can empower a candidate to adapt the changing and contemporary demands of the education market. The program of our M.A course enables an efficient side learner to avail the prospect of increasing their probability of their method also. All these research expertise and chance to familiarize English literature ensure candidate with us add a well designed coursed of value to very high field. The candidate is not only taking foreign works but are also having best prospects in their teaching profession.
The purpose is only to take the education level out of the boundary wall of the university. It completes the prime social responsibility of offering the learning education at the door step for those who are un capable to access formal education in a regular college. LPU distance education MA English syllabus in English contributes to the professional growing of candidate who wants to acquire an understanding or knowledge of teaching and learning of English, in are mark able academic and professional as reference. On completion of the programme. Candidates will have a deeper understanding of the background, practices and research in academic and professional English also.
Duration of this Course program
Minimum Duration 2 years
Maximum Duration 5 years
Medium of Instruction or Examination
1. The SLM/Text Books will be available in English only.
2. Candidate can attempt the entrance examination in English language.
Content course Degree
· The Anglo-Saxon literature, the Norman French time period, the age of Chaucer.
· The medieval acting mystery plays, morality plays and the interludes, the early beginning of renaissance era, age of queen Elizabeth, the renaissance Elizabethan age, university wits.
· The beginning of renaissance – Benefaction of Shakespeare to this time, the Puritan time or time of Milton, Milton as a very good poet and his contribution, the Restoration time or beginning of Neoclassicism, Comedy of Manners.
· The Restoration period or beginning of Neoclassicism (Dryden’s contribution, Glorious Revolution of 1688),The Augustan Age or the triumph of Neo-classicism (Age of Prose and Reason), The Augustan Age or the triumph of Neo-classicism (Pope and Heroic couplet, poetic diction and satire)
· The Age of Johnson-the decline of Neo-classicism (Devotional verse, popularity of periodical essays, Gothic novel), The Eighteenth century-approach/ transition towards Romanticism (Progress of education, philosophical thought and science), The Eighteenth century-approach/transition towards Romanticism (Decline of novel, Agricultural Revolution, Industrial Revolution)
· The triumph of Romanticism (social, economic, political, cultural conditions, Renaissance of wonder and influence of French Revolution on poets of the Age), the triumph of romanticism (elements of medievalism, escapism, supernaturalism and melancholy in poetry of the age), the Victorianage (social, economic, political, cultural conditions)
· The Victorian age (women novelists, pre-raphaelite poetry, Oxford movement), the nineteenth Century (reflection of changes in the English society due to industrial revolution in the nineteenth century novel), the nineteenth century (feminist movement).
You can join the class by adhering to the class’s timetable. You can see the recordings of the professor classes when you are not in the process of joining. The lecturer’s information will be published on the academy platform, and you may use that information to ask questions of the lecturers.