“3 in 1”, off-road, “cane”: choosing your stroller is not exactly … child’s play! Especially since each year, the models marketed are more and more varied. The aesthetic is ultimately a detail when buying, it is important to focus on the convenience and manageability.
- I am looking for a very comfortable model, from birth
- I only need a second age stroller
- I am looking for a compromise between comfort and very limited space, for both ages
- Some basic rules
I AM LOOKING FOR A VERY COMFORTABLE MODEL, FROM BIRTH
The combined stroller is the most suitable in this case. Admittedly, it is usually cumbersome. But if you want to give priority to comfort (baby is installed as in a landau) and in addition we are more like to travel a lot, it is a logical choice. By purchasing the complete kit, nacelle and car seat, we cover all possible situations, regardless of the age of the child. Once the basket is on the chassis, we get a pram. The carrycot (usable up to 3-4 months) can also be used as a bassinet at home or as an extra bed. Thanks to a special kit, the nacelle becomes a car bed: very appreciated for long journeys. The car seat (which is suitable for 9-12 months) is very handy for moving quickly from the stroller to the car, but not is not suitable, because of the fragile back of Best Kids Beds, long trips. Still, a combined stroller represents a real investment.
From 200 to 500 euros for the chassis and hammock, then 100 to 300 euros for a basket and 100 to 300 euros for a car seat.
I DID NOT NEED A STROLLER 2 E AGE
Everything depends on the use we want to make: rather city or rather off-road.
In the first case, we will choose the rods, ultra light (maximum 9 kg) and space-saving (average width around 55 cm), at very affordable prices (60 to 130 euros). They are particularly perfect for public transport and folding them “umbrella” makes them easy to handle and store. If the idea is rather to go for long walks in the countryside or in the forest, it will be better to opt for a “big stroller”. The size of its wheels will be a definite asset to improve grip, cushion shocks and go everywhere. Some even have a brake on the handlebars. In our test all models are concerned. Recall that strollers 2 e age does not allow sufficient inclination for infants
I AM LOOKING FOR A COMPROMISE BETWEEN COMFORT AND VERY LIMITED SPACE, FOR BOTH AGES
It may be better to look at the so-called “American” strollers with a reclining backrest of at least 150 °. Be sure to check that the stroller is approved “1st age”. These are generally compact buggies, very manageable and lightweight. The seat is not separable from the chassis. For a price usually very competitive (90 to 200 euros), we acquire a stroller suitable for 1st and 2nd ages. Of course, if you travel, you will need to get more than one car seat. The acquisition is justified a little more in good weather because the pods of the combined are still more enveloping, the walls being higher. When buying a reclining stroller in cool weather, think of equipping yourself with a footmuff, a sort of adjustable sleeping bag on the stroller that keeps baby warm. Finally, make sure that the hammock is well padded and comfortable.
SOME BASIC RULES
– Regularly check the general condition of your stroller.
– Avoid buying it in a flea market: these strollers, which have served a lot, are often no longer compliant.
– Never leave your baby alone in his stroller. Falls come at the head of accidents, in front of pinches and compressions (finger for example).
– Never place a child in a stroller while seated until he / she are sitting alone (between 6 and 9 months).
– Remember to always check that the locking device, when stopped, is engaged.
– Always use the straps, belts and harnesses installed, and explain to your child that there is no question of moving in his stroller without being attached.
– Do not overload your stroller with two children while it is only for one.
– In cold weather, remember to cover the hands, feet and head of Baby. As you walk, he remains motionless.