Seattle is distinguished as the Emerald City with all-time rain and many diverse neighborhoods. However, this city of Washington is more than that! Seattle is home to many major tech companies’ headquarters, including Microsoft, Amazon, and Costco. As a working professional, Seattle is the city for you. While the housing can be relatively costly in Seattle, you can find affordable rentals using a trusted roommate finder in Seattle. Not only renting is tricky, but you would surely come across “Seattle Freeze” at some point. Even though Seattle is a beautiful city with many diverse people, it could get confusing while choosing the right neighborhood to rent a room in Seattle.
We curated a complete renting guide for you with the top eight neighborhoods to rent rooms in Seattle for young professionals.
- Top 8 neighborhoods in Seattle
- Tenant Rights in Seattle
- Tips and Tricks
Top 8 neighborhoods in Seattle
Seattle has many neighborhoods to choose from while looking for your perfect rental. Especially when you are a young working professional, your primary need is public transport for easy commute and, of course, the least possible distance from the workplace.
Here are the eight best neighborhoods for young professionals to find the perfect room for rent in Seattle.
- Capitol Hill
- Downtown Seattle
- South Lake Union
A trendy neighborhood with restaurants and fun beaches, Ballard is one of the best neighborhoods to start looking up rooms for rent in Seattle. It is best if you wish to come home to a quiet environment and green spaces. Once a fishing village, Ballard is home to many established institutions and has got it all. It is conveniently close to Downtown Seattle. Simply by using a roommate finder, you can find your perfect room rental in Seattle at Ballard. Ballard Old Town is a must-visit when you find your ideal rental in Ballard.
Capitol Hill is a modern neighborhood with trendy cafes and many gay clubs. The residents are open-minded and accepting in nature. We don’t find any reason why Capitol Hill shouldn’t be on this list for looking up rooms for rent in Seattle! The neighborhood has many green spaces and is home to many art galleries and museums. The rentals here are pretty affordable and worth the hustle.
With offices of many tech companies like Google and Adobe, is indeed one of the neighborhoods to explore while looking up rooms for rent in Seattle. This bohemian area is also known as the “Center of The Universe” and is quite an exciting place to explore.
- Downtown Seattle
With sky-touching buildings and an eclectic vibe, Downtown is a vibrant neighborhood with fancy restaurants and cultural elements. Art is everywhere, and if you are a young professional looking for cheap rooms for rent in Seattle, Downtown is the place for you. Use a trusted roommate finder in Seattle to find the perfect room rental in Downtown Seattle.
South Lake Union
As the flourishing hub of bio-tech jobs, South Lake is the best neighborhood to rent a room in Seattle if you wish to work in this field. The area has a chill and relaxed vibe as it is at the tip of the South Lake, as the name suggests. You can use a roommate finder in Seattle to explore rentals from verified users and find your perfect room rental in Seattle in no time.
Tenant Rights in Seattle
Know your tenant rights. Image Source: Canva
Tenant rights awareness might not feel necessary initially, but it would help you a lot of money. Here are some fundamental rights you need to know to enrich your rental living experience in Seattle.
- The landlord needs to provide a 30 Days advance notice before increasing the rent
- The period of eviction notice is 90 Days
- The tenant has to pay for/repair any damages caused by them or their guest before moving out
- The landlord is obliged to pay for important repairs such as a heater
You can always look up the internet and read more about these laws. Also, due to the pandemic, many regulations were implemented, so don’t miss them out.
Tips and Tricks
Seattle is a diverse, trendy, and beautiful city with quite expensive rentals. We brought together a few tips and tricks that would help you find a suitable room for rent in Seattle and save a lot of your money.
Here are some of the tips and tricks you can use.
- Start looking in advance: It is best if you start looking a month before your move-in. Giving time to yourself would let you explore more options and find the best deal that you might miss while looking in a hurry.
- Plan a budget: Seattle is expensive and can burn a hole in your pocket if you don’t plan your finances beforehand. Your planned budget includes your rent, security deposit, utility bill, and also some extra cash for a rainy day.
- Clear your mindset: You won’t land anywhere if you are uncertain about what you want in your rental. Note down what your needs and wants are in the room rental.
- Use a trusted roommate finder: A roommate finder plays a vital role in your rental experience. A good roommate finder like Cirtru showcases listings only from verified users, and you may also find a roommate using the platform to share your accommodation and rent.
Explore neighborhoods of Seattle, find your perfect rental home, and a roommate to share the rent! Happy rental experience!