Pregnancy is the most beautiful period in a woman’s life, but women face some problems during this period which needs attention. Due to hormonal changes that happen in a woman’s body during pregnancy urinary leaks often happen. It can happen when one sneezes or on other situations also. In fact, urinary leaks may happen to them even if they are not pregnant. To prevent soiling of underwear and proper protection, female incontinence pads are available in the market. It offers day time protection especially to women who have a light bladder and hence more leakages. These pads are designed in such a way that they provide maximum absorption and at the same time offer minimum visibility.
Types of Incontinence Pads
Female incontinence pads are very popular and used by a lot of women all over the world. There are many types of pads that are used and readily available. They range from washable ones to disposable ones. Each of the different kind that are found in the market perform distinct functions due to their inherent nature.
- The large disposable pads are liked by the women as they offer greater protection due to the length and hence minimal leakage if any.
- Also available are pants which can be easily worn and hence more preferred. They are also disposable so there is no worry of washing and drying them. Since they are pull ups it is more popular with older women.
- All in one pad have the most advantage of least leakage but the design is neither feminine nor light weight but bulky and hence not very popular with women.
- T shaped pads are also known as belted pads and resemble the all in one pads but are designed in such a way that they are easier to wear when one is standing.
- Washable pads were probably the first incontinence pads that had come into the market and hence no other options were available. Over a period of time development has taken place with invention of disposable pads as a result of which the washable ones have taken a back seat.
Popularity of the Pads
Research says that female incontinence pads are popular in care homes amongst the women and their helpers or carers. It was found that the disposable ones were preferred during the day and the all in one pads were preferred at night due to the fact that they have more absorbing power. It must also be kept in mind that when one is deciding which kind of pad to choose, there are a number of factors that must be accounted for such as severity of leakage, if you are considering it for the day or night and how the pad performs for that requirement, lifestyle, references and how easily the pad can be changed.
How to choose?
Bladder weakness seems to be a major problem in men and women and maybe more in women and it also seems to have become more common nowadays. Therefore, knowledge about the various female incontinence pads is essential due to the variety available and hence one must choose a pad that suits their problem the most. The pads are designed in such a way that the material that is used to make them draws the leakage liquid to the centre of the pads thereby taking the liquid away from the body. This prevent bad odour from being eliminated by neutralising the smell that comes from urine. Along with all these features they are also comfortable and hence seem a win-win situation by providing all-encompassing features.
If you are a woman suffering from bladder leakages, female incontinence pads are for you. They are not bulky and so you need not worry that they will show from the clothes. They camouflage very well and are perfect for the use intended for.