One thing you need to understand is that going to schools is nit all about passing exams. The knowledge you get can help you in your day to day life. Most people find it hard to believe this statement, especially when dealing with sciences like chemistry. The content of this article will focus on the importance of chemistry in everyday life.
Chemistry can be defined as a branch of science, which deals with the matter, their properties and its composition, mixtures, atoms, molecules, elements and a lot more. All matter around us is made up of chemistry and they play a vital role in our daily life. Therefore, you cannot underestimate the role that chemistry plays in our life from day to day.
Cooking is also related to the chemistry. Most of the items, which we use in our kitchen on a daily basis are made of different types of chemical substances. This includes baking soda, the preservatives, spices, non-stick pans, stainless steel utensils, the detergents, etc. The crockery which is used for serving, drinking tea is made of porcelain or glass. Therefore, we need chemistry to take good care of our health.
Here are some more examples to prove the importance of chemistry in everyday life.
- Fuel, which is used for burning, cooking and for all automobiles to move.
- Cement, whitewash, paint, etc. which is used for constructions.
- Proteins are macromolecules, which is found in milk, eggs, and other food products required for our bodybuilding.
- Pesticides are substances used for preventing and destroying pest that causes harm to crops.
- Marbles and Granite are hard rocks, which are used in building pillars, statues, furnishing houses, offices, etc.
- A glass is a non-crystalline solid material used for manufacturing bottles, mirror, containers, doors, windows, etc.
- Porcelain is a ceramic material used mainly for making dolls, crockery items and it is also used by for making artificial teeth.
- All citrus fruits including lemon, orange, sweet lime which are very sour in taste, contains the highest levels of citric acid.
- Paracetamol is a synthetic compound, which is prescribed for patients with fever.
- Chlorine is an element used as the disinfectant, purifier also widely used in plastics, polymers, Agrochemicals and pharmaceutical industries.
- Rodenticides are the pest control chemicals used to kill rats and rodents.
- Fertilizer is an organic compound mainly added to a soil to supply more nutrients to plants.
- Penicillin, which is an antibiotic derived from penicillin fungi contains benzathine in it.
- Sodium chloride is an Ionic compound also called as common salt, which is used as a flavouring agent while cooking food and Vinegar is a component of acetic acid mainly used as a food preservative.
- Alloy or metal is a solid compound. The utensils and other stainless steels are made up of this alloy.
- Teflon is a fluorocarbon solid used for making non-stick material for cookware like – nonstick pan and other non-stick utensils
- The wool, nylon, silk, polyester, rubber are examples of polymers which we use on a daily basis.
- Copper is an element used for making copper tubing, conducting wires, door knobs, coins, jewelry, etc.
These were the lists of few materials, which we use in our daily life and are delivered by chemistry.
With all this information, you now understand beyond reasonable doubt that chemistry plays a critical role in our day to day like. You can read widely to learn more ways that chemistry can help you in your individual life.
For more detailed information, subscribe to the BYJU’S YouTube Channel and watch interactive video lessons on various chemistry-related topics.