Herpes is a medical condition that occurs because of the rise herpes simplex virus. The simplex virus is further divided into two branches. The simplex-1 virus causes oral herpes and the simplex-2 virus gives rise to genital herpes. Basically, if you come in contact with a person suffering from herpes virus sexually or with heir saliva, you will be the next victim of this disease.
The biggest con related to this disease is that medically there is no cure for this disease. Doctors do not provide you with medicines that will completely cure your herpes. They will only inform you about the medicines that can prevent the recurrence of herpes known as antivirals. Whenever there is an outbreak of herpes and you are on the first stage, the virus will hit the nervous system. Then it will lower down the immunity of your body trying to fight with the virus. The symptoms would be fever, hormonal changes etc.
Taking the antivirals and other medicines will cost you a bomb and have long-term side effects. Thus, you should get inclined to natural remedies to treat herpes. This natural remedy will easily cure your suffering and discomfort caused by the herpes virus. Now let’s see some of the best home remedies for herpes.
Home remedies to cure herpes
- Ice pack: Ice pack helps in reducing the inflammation and the redness and itchiness caused because of sores and blisters. All you need do is buy an ice pack or use crushed ice and wrap it in a cloth. Then let it sit on the affected area for some 10 minutes .It is used as one of the home remedies for shoulder pain.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Apple cider vinegar is anti-inflammatory and anti-parasitic in nature. The acidic nature of this element helps in reducing the itchiness, redness, and inflammation. Just take a cotton ball and dip it into the apple cider vinegar solution. Then apply it on to the affected area. Once you do this, there might be a tingling sensation.
- Hydrogen Peroxide: Hydrogen peroxide is antibacterial and anti-inflammatory in nature. Mix some hydrogen peroxide with water and then apply it to the affected area. You can mix it in the water and use it for mouthwash, to clear off the oral herpes sores. It is a form of disinfectant that is equipped with antibacterial properties. You can also use a lysine tablet for the application of hydrogen peroxide on the affected areas.
- Garlic: Garlic comprises of the chemical allicin that helps in curing herpes. The antiviral properties of this element help in reducing the recurrence of herpes. Further, it contains some anti-inflammatory properties that help in reducing the redness and itchiness.
- Lemon Balm: The lemon balm tea is known for its painkiller properties. In addition to this, it also contains anti-viral and anti-inflammatory properties. All of this is because of the eugenol compound that is found in the lemon balm. You can drink lemon balm tea twice or thrice a day. In addition to this, you can apply lemon balm to the affected areas to cure herpes. In fact, it is one of the most useful home remedies for herpes.