Choosing the basin taps when remodeling your home isn’t just about picking the most stylish designs. There are also certain other factors that need to be considered. For example, it is important to note the pressure of water taps. If your home has high water pressure, you need to install taps with low water pressure in order to prevent your pipes from bursting. This article discusses some of the tips that can greatly assist you in making the best buy.
Go through them to gain vital information about basin taps before you go shopping.
Tips to choose the best basin taps
- Choosing the design- The foremost part is selecting the design that you want. There are various designs available out there and so you can choose the one that fits your needs and budget. It is very important to ensure that the design of your tap you are choosing goes well with the entire theme of the bathroom. Many storekeepers help the customers in buying the best taps. You can also browse through the internet and see different types of designs available in the market. Always try to visit the store that has the widest range of basin taps.
- Type of material- After you have selected the design, it is now time to focus on the material of the taps. The most common tap materials include brass, steel and chrome. Some are even plated, but all that depends upon your budget. You will also come across some cheaper taps that are made of plastic. Avoid buying them if you can. It is true that plastic taps will work fine, but they will hardly make your basin look stylish. Brass taps are always the sturdiest of the lot, but unsurprisingly they are the most expensive.
- Functionality- You must keep in mind the functionality of different types of taps. Wheel design taps always remain in fashion, but they might not work for people who have issues with their hands. These days, the most common are lever type bathroom taps, as they are easier to use you can mix hot and cold water in it easily. If your budget is higher, you can even go for taps with sensors. Convenient and stylish, they also help save a lot of water – one reason why most star rated hotels have them. These are a good investment that provides good return in the long run.
- The brand- You will find a lot of brands in the market when it comes to the sanitary ware. It is advisable though to go for trusted names, since they assure you of quality and longevity. Good brands offer installation services free of cost, and even have warranty on their products. Talking of warranty, it is important that you check the terms and conditions of warranty for the basin taps you are buying. Most come with a year of warranty on them, covering almost all kinds of faults.
- Compare- Before you loosen your purse strings, you need to make sure that you compare different stores and options available out there. Don’t forget to check online too, since you can often find great deals on home and sanitary ware. You could also play smart and go shopping during festival season. Most people don’t go for home renovations during festival season, which means retailers often give attractive discounts to customers in festival seasons. If you are planning on remodeling your home soon, you could go shopping for basin taps when you want to change your basin look even when you are bound to find attractive deals on home renovation products.