If you are planning to build a natural playground in your home, school or childcare then here are a few natural elements that you can use to create a safe and stunning environment for the kids.
- Hills: You just need a clear soil to create small hills in the natural playgrounds. Children love to climb the hills and building them is easy and requires zero cost if you take the soil of your own playground to create the hills. In fact, you can involve children in building them which will be a fun activity for them.
- Tree houses: if you have trees in your playground then building tree house is very easy (few das job) ?? which will only take a few days. If you don’t know how to make them, then you can order the tree houses as well. They are a great addition in the natural playgrounds.
- Caves: you can create small tunnels or caves using natural elements like wood, sand and stones. Children love to play in the caves and it will be a special piece of attraction.
- Water: It is a universal truth and children around the globe love water. Having a water tank and a small swimming pool will be a great mode of entertainment for them but water safety measures must be taken care of.
- Plants: plants enhance the beauty of the place and quality of air. They also attract birds and butterflies. These are the most precious gifts of nature. It is important to have the plants in the natural playground and you can plant them in pot, ground or hang them as well. You can teach gardening skills to kids and tell them about the Importance of plants and the process of photosynthesis and make the outdoor time much more informative. You can add small flowery plants, fruits and vegetable plants or creepers like money plants.
- Sitting area: You can make a natural sitting area with the help of the stumps of the trees. Kids can eat their meals outdoors in this area. You can take round logs and make stools and chairs from them.
- Sand: all the kids love to play with sand. Adding sand will enhance their creativity as they can make castles and enjoy the sand. This will also help them in becoming team players and add tolerance in their nature.
- Animals: some small sized animals like rabbits, ducks, and parrots can be added in the natural playground to instil love for animals in kids. . You can also teach them how to feed and take care of animals and let them stay in their natural habitat. However, you should ensure that these animals are being properly cared and they are provided with the enough space in their natural habitat.
- Swings: you can add swings in the trees that are made from natural material using rope and wood. Children love their time in the swings.
- Stone elements: you can do a lot of creative stuff with the stones and they will also add a stunning look in your natural playground. You can apply as much imagination as possible to use the stone in the garden, there are no bars for that. Stones like limestone, Preseli Blue, Sarsen Stone, Cornish Glacial Granite, Sandstone and Irish Quartzite are easily available everywhere at cheap rates.
All the elements mentioned in this article are the natural, chemical free, safe and great for kids to enjoy. They are also cost-effective and can be created easily with very less time and effort and children will also enjoy to build these little things for their entertainment.