Storage and shelving is an important part of any industry. Every storage method implemented should be highly efficient in saving the space and should be cost-effective. With the numerous shelving manufacturers in the market coming up with new technology every day, it becomes difficult for the warehouse owners to pick the right one based on their requirements. So, you need to choose the best one out of these three basic shelving methods.
- Rivet Shelving – Rivet shelving is the most versatile method of industrial shelving. It is strong, versatile, and easy to assemble. It is constructed from frames made of solid steel, so it has a high weight carrying capacity. They use decking method to store the items in these shelves. They are commonly suitable for usage in storage rooms and industrial warehouses.
- Steel Shelving – They can be used in tools cribs, offices, etc.; they are popular and are preferred widely by people all around the world. Perfect for the high-density applications that can be used for storage of various parts or even for under mezzanine storages. They use sway and back braces to ensure that this industrial shelving is steady enough to hold the products.
- Wire Shelving – This one looks highly attractive and is used for various commercial purposes to give a nice look and feel to the entire place. This is cleaner than the other options listed here and is also most suited for the front office works. They have open construction and are secured with sway braces in the front and the back. Can be accessed easily from all the four sides, means that you can load product or remove them from any desired direction. If the industrial shelving looks out of place somewhere, this kind of wire shelving is generally used.
The Top Advantages of Industrial Shelving
Warehouse managers are always looking for that perfect shelf which can meet all their requirements. So, the main advantages of using these high-end shelves in the warehouse are listed below –
- Customizable – You can customize them easily based on your needs. So, if one day you need five racks the next day you can adjust the same shelf to have 20racks. You can use various dividers and drawer inserts to get your desirable customized item and can store any number of products that you want.
- Adjustable – There are compression clips available with these shelves that allow the users to adjust half to one and a half inches. So, the employees of the warehouse can create a productive shelf that can be suited specifically for the kind of product that is being kept. Adjustment can be made just in one step easier.
- Durable – They come with a paint coat which is scratch proof. They are also made from heavy steel so that under no condition they end up collapsing. They can stand the daily wear and tear that takes place on the site.
- Highly Cost-Effective – These shelves are affordable for all warehouse owners. So, you won’t have to burn a hole in the pocket by thinking of the other means to store your items. These industrial shelves are cheap and can work for years.
- Increased Space – Space is always the main concern in any warehouse. This kind of shelves increases the ground space by increasing the height of the shelves. So, they can be managed efficiently by the employees, and they can accommodate a lot of products in a, small space.
Thus, these are the main methods of doing shelving for your warehouse.