Are you planning for a home improvement by installing a new air conditioning unit or replacing the existing one? With the continuous rise in electricity prices, controlling the AC running costs have become a crucial consideration. You not only have to take care of the cost purchasing the perfect unit for your home but also work on what would be the ideal expenses for installation.
The question that arises now is how much do you have to spend to have an air conditioner installed in your home and what are the other expenses that might be involved in it? This article will offer a complete guide about the various charges that should be noted and how they can be modified according to your budget.
Different Types Of Air Conditioning System- Which One To Choose?
There are three common forms of AC available across various stores:
- Portable: These are versatile units that can be installed at any part of the home, as they only require a simple plug-in outlet to operate. But, the use of portable AC is limited to a single room and not more than that.
- Split Air System: This remains to be one of the most popular air conditioning systems that consist of an internal head and an external compressor or condenser. They are considered to be relatively affordable, and their use is even limited to a single unit per room. However, its size differs in terms of tons, giving you the opportunity to choose the one best suited for cooling the desired space.
- Ducted Cooling System: These systems are installed onto the wall cavity and ceiling of your home and are meant for cooling and heating the entire house. They are the most effective when compared to other forms and do cost more.
The Right Size of Air Conditioner for Your Home
The type of AC is not the only factor that influences the cost of installation along with that the size even has a major role to play. For determining the perfect size you can:
- Measure the Size of House: If the floor area is larger then you require a larger air conditioning unit. On the other hand, if it is a multi-storey building than you may need more than one unit and this will again add to the cost of installation.
- Height of Ceiling: If the height of the ceiling is too high, then you have to ensure that the AC generates enough cool air to maintain preferable temperature.
- Windows: Windows tend to lead to 40 percent of energy loss; this is why taking an account of the number of windows present in the home is vital when dealing with the size of the AC.
Things to Look For In Air Conditioning Installation Quote:
There are a few things that you should mention when requesting for a free quote from professionals such as the size and type of the air conditioning unit, the amount of refrigeration along with interconnecting cable to be used, the amount of duct work required, meter board upgrade (if needed) and access to the area where you plan to install the air conditioning system.You will also be charged for the materials involved in the installation like chemicals and AC units.
Do remember that every professional may not charge the same for installation. Therefore, a good practice is to order quotes from not just one but multiple companies and then compare them. While comparing you have to prioritize quality and affordability, as this will help you in selecting the one that offers proficient services but at a reasonable value.