A high percentage of people are aware that vehicle tune-ups are important. There are a few people who do not know their vehicles well enough. The fact is that there is nothing simple about what is under the hood of an average car these days; in fact, a layman may not be able to differentiate between the car components and judge the working conditions.
Car manufacturers usually provide a detailed schedule for Toyota service in Sydney and other cars too. This ensures the experts get a chance to tune up the vehicle. This article explains the signs that a vehicle requires a tune-up, the benefits of doing so and why it is bad to ignore the signs.
Benefits of a Tune-Up
There are many benefits for regular Toyota service in Sydney, one of them being a good tune-up job. Tune-up is very important as described here:
- Maintain high mileage: There is nothing worse than a car with bad mileage; the good news is that a good tune-up can fix this. Some of the common issues that creep up on a regular basis include bad brakes, wheels that are not moving freely, wheel alignment, amongst others. Fine-tuning an engine and other components of the vehicle will ensure smooth running and help maintain high mileage.
- Frequent Warning lights: Lack of maintenance means the dashboard will light up more often than not with warning indicators informing you that that the vehicle has an issue. Not all issues may light up a dashboard, and you are likely to require expert assistance for those which do. For example, if you monitor tread of tyres you will know when to visit a mechanic for tires in Randwickand get the wheel alignment in time thus, saving costly repairs.
- Ensures a smooth ride: A regular tune-up can fix many issues, including those in aging vehicles. This includes issues like vibration, power & energy checks, etc.
- Clinical checking: One of the biggest advantages of a regular service is that the vehicle is thoroughly inspected on a regular basis. For example, opting for Toyota service in Sydney at regular intervals as recommended by the manufacturer will ensure a vehicle always remained fine-tuned. The vehicle is checked thoroughly with clinical precision during a service with the help of computerized diagnostics. Services stations are fully equipped to perform engine tune-up and repairs, transmission repair & services, assist with electrical system & brake system and also perform the factory scheduled maintenance.
Signs you need a Tune-up
Every car owner will usually know their vehicle well and be quick to spot an issue if there is one; a large number of car owners also believe in regular car maintenance.
However, for the small percentage of people who do not maintain their vehicle or for issues that are caused due to driving in special conditions. You know you need a tune-up if the vehicle is having steering issues or if one or more of the warning lights have come on.
Here are a few signs to look out:
- Stalling: Cars tend to stall every now and then; there are innumerable reasons why that may happen. However, if it happens on a regular basis like when on a busy intersection, on a highway, etc. it is highly likely it requires some expert attention or a fine tune-up.
- New noises in the vehicle:It is important not to ignore any new sounds in your vehicle. It may seem harmless and you may hear it occasionally, but it can be something very serious that requires immediate attention.
- Starting issues: A car having starting problems can be due to an issue in one of the many components of a vehicle. One of the issues can be a bad spark plug that can be fixed with a simple replacement and ignoring this can damage the battery. Thus, starting issues is a good sign that the vehicle requires a tune-up.
Consequences of Delaying Service
There is a very good reason for the service scheduled mentioned in a car manual and that advised by a service station. Many of us are guilty of ignoring the service date or opting to extend it as we seem suitable. All of us have different reasons for not being proactive with regular car tune-up.
It may have something to do with the cost, time or some other reason. Untimely maintenance can cause issues like oil sludge, deterioration of engine, unexpected breakdown and result in costly repairs, lack of safety & peace of mind.