Staging is an art. People often mistake as a con-activity but it actually helps sell house faster than you can without staging. It is a marketing technique that will turn something bland and barren into something beautiful. It is something that will lure the buyer into buying that house at the price you have set for yourself. Maybe the TV has always been the focal point for the living room, for example, but for a buyer, the fireplace would need to be highlighted but that is not the case for real life.
When you are out in the market to sell the house, you must not be vulnerable and accept whatever comes to you first but you should be firm and staging will help you stick to your decision without guilt and regret.
So, here are the 6 staging tips that will help you sell your home faster in Houston:
- Keep the decor neutral: You must not go overboard with the decoration because that would give a negative impression. It does not mean you will go all white and all beige because that is also not something that is appealing to the people. Sometimes black and purple works so, its all about knowing how to make it work.
- Decluttering: It is okay to live with minimum clutter but when it comes to selling the house, Decluttering helps to the large extent. It would make your house look clean and the potential buyer will be lured to buy it. Also, if you declutter, make sure you throw all the waste at the proper place.
- Removing personal: Keeping personal items will not let the buyer picture himself in the building. He needs to see if he could be potentially be staying in that house with his partner or family or alone. A house full of someone else’s picture does not do any good to him.
- No emptiness: Do not make the mistake of putting the empty home in the market. The empty home which is completely naked and unfurnished will not help the buyer to envision him living there. It could confuse him that where will he accommodate all his furniture. When the rooms are unfurnished they look smaller than they usually are. So, do not leave your house empty.
- Stay Classy: It is okay to stay updated and stay in-trend but it may not work out. Make small changes like with curtains and pillows and smaller stuff but otherwise stay classy and timeless. Do not change your double bed and make it sofa cum bed in the master bedroom.
- Do not remodel: Do not bluntly remodel your house because that would be going over the board. People may not like it and that could cost you too much for you to worry about compensating that cost by adding it to selling amount.
Also, one of the important points is When staging an occupied home you must always be careful to remove religious and political items, as well as any other items that might be offensive to others.
Conclusion: Staging is a skill and generally Realtor are Stagers or they have someone who would help you stage. The Greaterhoustonhouse.com are the best Realtor as well as stagers in town who will assist you to sell your home faster. They are the best because they have been working on such real estate projects for a very long time.