Having planned a charter yacht holiday is like no other. The emptiness of the ocean, the breeze, the warm and cool weather round the clock makes it so much fun. Except for the routes that are in the stormy areas or towards the Arctic Circle where the temperatures are low and there is less of a sunny day. This is why before planning your yacht charter you have to know a few things here and there. While there are so many tours and holiday packages for beginners, one might want to travel solo or with their partners as well.
Lessons for Beginners
The sight of a beach full of yacht charters is like a dream come true. Having seen in calendars and on the TV, the distant mountains, the blue water, the reflecting glazing water of the sea is a great attraction. It is also wonderful during the evening and after sunset. But, a sailing holiday as a total beginner can be a daunting aspect. The lingo – jargon can be off-putting as well. What is a charter? What is a beam? Who are skippers? And, more and more.
- Staying on a boat for a week or even a weekend means carrying your accommodation with you.
- Sailing to almost anywhere in the world is possible with the right yacht or boat, and the supplies.
- There are tracks and routes taken by most tourists and travel packages, which are a good start for you. You can make your own route up or sail whichever way the wind is pointing if you prefer!
It does not have to be Expensive
If done right, sailing holidays can be a lot cheaper than staying at a hotel or a villa. The travel packages by train and flight to other countries can be a lot more expensive too. Some companies sell complete sailing charter yacht trips while some just charter yacht for interested people. You can choose or a customized luxury yacht charter for your vacation.
- A variety of companies offer yacht charter across the Med, and you can look well in advance. The best bet is to find a charter broker for the country you want, who can offer good Customer Service, but also have options across the whole of the area you want to sail.
- Before that you have to decide on a spot, a destination to begin your holiday. For example, the Florida Keys, the Caribbean, the Mediterranean and so on.
- All costs can add up to figure out about marine fees, supplies, the fee for crews or skippers if you’re opting for that and so on.
Think about harboring intentions and associated fees as well. If you plan to stay on a boat that can save money. But, many also make halts at small archipelagos and islands on the way for a more comfortable night. The cost of a 59-foot catamaran at one port can differ a lot from another. These decisions need to be made earlier and by seeking a lot.
Qualifications for Sailing
A lot of sailing hotspots today require one to be qualified with the basics of sailing and yacht charter. A qualified instructor often gives guests primary lessons to help them learn the basics. This is a great way to enjoy your vacation. With training comes a safe and pleasant journey.
You can also choose to add a hostess, deck hand, chef, or even a yoga instructor to make your holiday pass with absolute satisfaction. Having someone to clean, cook and do the shopping for you really makes it the most relaxing holiday ever.