Buying a chainsaw may be a challenging decision for someone getting it for the first time. Hence, it is very important to ensure that the right kind of research is done to purchase the appropriate type of chainsaw for sale. Some of the important factors that you need to consider while buying a chain saw are listed below.
Guide bar length
- The Guide bar length of a chainsaw for sale is measured from the tip of the chain to the point it enters the housing. The bar length is cutting area that is active and largest size of wood the chainsaw can tear through in a single pass. If a smaller chain saw is used, the deep cut can be achieved using two passes.
- For a safe cutting, the length of the bar should be 2 inches longer than wood that needs to be cut.
- To avoid kickback in chainsaws the following rules should be used.
- The bar guide tip to logs, branches, or the ground should not be touched.
- More than one piece of wood should not be cut.
- The saw should be kept at full power while cutting.
- The chain should be sharpened based on specification and correct tension should be maintained.
- Ensure that the safety devices are working before using the saw.
Engine Power Type
- Gas Chainsaws for Sale
- Power is a measure of engine size in cubic centimeters (cc) or cubic inches (cu. in.). Larger the number, more the power in the engine. But with an increase in the power, the machine weight increases as well.
- Electric Chainsaws for Sale
- The Power in an electric chainsaw for sale is called Amperage or Amps (A). The greater is the Amps the more the power in the chainsaw.
- Battery Powered Chainsaws for Sale
- The Power in a battery-operated chainsaw is called Voltage or Volts (V). The large the value of the Volts, greater is the power of chainsaw. These chainsaws are the weakest and the smallest class of chainsaws. However, they are best used for light cutting and pruning.
The number of chainsaw injuries happening across the globe is quite high. Hence, the power of the chainsaw should be respected. Care should be taken to ensure that the quality and the safety features are understood thoroughly. The purchasing decision should not be solely based on price; the health and safety of the user is of primary importance.
It is not optional for the user to wear protective gear. So, the user should be prepared to buy the gear required. The protective equipment listed below is mandatory for every user.
- Safety glasses
- Head Protection
- Safety pants or chaps
- Cut-resistant safety boots
- Hearing protection
The ability to control, manipulate and handle the chainsaw is very dependent on the user’s strength and personal fitness level. A 12-pound chainsaw does not seem like much of work but it is better to ensure that the person who is using the chain saw is fit and healthy.
What are gas chainsaws best for?
Chainsaws for sale are best used for efficient wood cutting. If large trees need to be cut, gas chainsaws are best. These chainsaws are both powerful and versatile. They are a little noisy but get a lot of work done in a short amount of time.
What are electric chainsaws best for?
These chainsaws are best for cutting and pruning small trees. If the work needs to be done around hospitals, churches, schools, golf courses, electric chainsaws is the best bet and can be used to achieve the objective.
So make sure to consider the above mentioned aspects before buying the chainsaw for sale. When you consider these options you can be safe and get efficient results for a long time.