Product photography is something that makes use of some specific methods to display the products in a very appealing way. It lures potential customers to buy the product. In both online as well as office advertisement, the product photography is very important as well as effective. It is used in catalogues, magazine ads, online ads, brochures along with company websites, especially when the product is sold directly to the customer. This has led to an increase in demand for product photography services.
Now you must be wondering why images are so vital. Have a look at some of the important reasons behind it:
- It helps in increasing the rate of conversions: For human beings, the maximum percentage of information that is transmitted to the brain is through the visuals. Most of the website visitors get attracted because of the visual elements as compared to the written content. Images are an important part of any customer decision-making process, thereby determining the conversion as well as the retention rates. The quality of the photo pf the product gives a clear reflection of your brand, thereby making the first customer impression. Therefore, any product photo service provider needs to make a polished and highly professional image that can create high engagement.
- A good quality image increases audience touchpoint: More than 95% of customers think images are necessary for making a buying decision. The photo of your product signifies your product’s seeming value as well as quality. They give a direct description of your product to the target audience, thereby making the product page as well as it’s content more relevant.
- Photo of your product are an important element of your brand: Branding must be the key element for every decision your organization makes even if it is your post in social media, all updates in your websites and all of your marketing determinations. Photos make the centre point of your brand because they are something that grabs the first attention of your customer, create trust and the evoke them to take some further action. Your goal is certainly to make a long term relationship with your consumer and photos are a crucial tool for achieving it. But every part of your photo like its quality, colour along with the saturation must speak an unvarying voice that booms with your potential audience.
Types of product photography
Mainly two kinds of the photo must be used on your page where you display your product including all of your marketing channels:
- The first type is clean-cut, with a white background and only product images. This must include your featured product and various images that display your product from varied angles. The white background assists in making a constant look across the product line. These kinds of images help in describing your product at first glance and suits best for your product page. It helps in nurturing the visitors to the product page for making a purchase.
- The second type is lifestyle images that display your product utilized in its required environment or beside the accompanying products. This image depicts a story and is best for social media pages, emails, some blog posts, along with other marketing channels in your conversion funnel. The in-context photos help in creating some emotional engagement.
But to reap the maximum benefits of product photography services, it is important to choose the right service provider. When you select the perfect service provider of product photography
- Your requirement matches well with your services as well as solutions.
- Your work is completed on time as well as on your budget.
- Your project is well-organized and is managed professionally.
- The product images meet the required standards.
Things to consider while choosing the product photography service provider:
- Experience along with reputation matters: It is important to track their path and their experience. Check whether they have accomplished projects the same as yours. Reputation is also vital and you can check it by going through the testimonials along with case studies. You can ask for references and by calling some clients who are listed on their website. By speaking to some of their customers you will get a perfect sense of how suitable they are for your project. Ask about their overall services, expertise in the work, managing skills along with product photo quality.
- Onsite as well as inside studio solutions: It is good to select a product photography services provider who provides both in-studio as well as onsite services.
- Full-time service: A full-time service provider will provide a comprehensive suite of services that includes
- Onsite as well as in-studio photography
- Photo editing services
- Consumer image review as well as approval
- Photo reshoot and editing
- Photo formatting as per the industry specifications.
- Cost: The price they charge is also an important consideration. You should have a budget constraint and you must work within that. While planning your project you can easily know the number of products that require images, which image sees each product needs and the total images you need. While making a comparison of each provider price quotes you must ensure you are comparing everything. Go through the quotes carefully to know what all services they are providing like photography, editing, formatting etc. and the cost you are responsible for.