Ultrasound is basically a noninvasive method used by doctors to observe the internal structures of the body, especially in pregnancy. Ultrasound imaging is a technique that uses versatile technology to create an image of the internal structures which can be used for different purposes like a diagnostic and therapeutic tool in various cases.
Unlike X-ray, in ultrasound, the patient does not need to get exposed to the x-rays and moreover it does not leave any kind of scars on the patient’s body which needs some time to recover.
Working of ultrasound imaging
Referring to the name, ultrasound imaging is a technique that creates an image of the internal parts of the patient’s body using high-frequency sound waves for creating such images. Various researches are still going on regarding the usage of this technique for the treatment of liver biopsies. Basically, a transducer is used which emits high-frequency sound waves and simultaneously receives the echo sounds produced when the sound waves hit the internal organs. Furthermore, a computer is used for translating these echo sounds into images to be displayed on screens.
And most importantly, when this technique called ultrasound imaging is used for any kind of treatment, then the high-frequency sound waves used are made to hit some specific tissues inside the body. Well, you can find the best technicians, good support and best technological machines for ultrasound imaging in Boise whether for pregnancy or any other reason.
Uses of ultrasound imaging
Ultrasound is a versatile diagnostic tool which is used for various medical purposes. Let’s have a look at the versatility of this diagnostic as well as a therapeutic tool:
· Ultrasound imaging is used by doctors to get an insight into the swelling or pain in the internal organs of the human body which can be due to any kind of infection or trauma.
· Doctors, specifically the eye specialists, use ultrasound imaging for checking the robustness of the bone.
· This technique can also be used in the case of biopsies to get a clear observation of breast tissues.
· Cardiologists use ultrasound imaging to monitor valve function and in order to diagnose various heart problems even after a heart attack.
· Ultrasound imaging can help doctors in some other ways also like to find out whether there is a blood clot or to check for the blood flow through vessels and different organs.
· Ultrasound imaging can also be used as a treatment tool in case of tumors as it utilizes very high-intensity sound waves that are targeted to hit a specific tissue and heat it, displace it and then even destroy it.
Well, this process of getting an image of the internal structures doesn’t need any special preparations and is painless. Various researches are still going on regarding the usage of this technique for the treatment of liver biopsies. Moreover, the researchers are trying to get a new technique named ‘histotripsy’ which will involve the sound waves which are short and are of high intensity that will burst out to dissolve blood clots.