Let’s face it, spills occur. Carpets and rugs are traps for mistakes, whether it’s a cup of coffee or muddy paw prints. Fortunately, for almost any mess, there is a homemade rugs cleaner remedy, and the best part is that they don’t need special kinds of sprays. You can DIY your own carpet cleaner to handle any stain with only a few ingredients you possibly already have on hand.
To find out which ingredient combination is best for your form of stain, you can follow our guide below. Follow precisely this recipe for handmade rugs cleaner and once again your rug will be on its way to being stain-free.
Homemade Rugs Cleaner
Dip a white cloth into these DIY rug carpet cleaners and apply it to the stain. Never directly spill the alternatives onto carpeting.
Your rug won’t fade, and colors won’t look dull or lackluster
- A mixture of Detergent – Mix ¼ teaspoon of clear liquid dishwashing detergent in one cup of lukewarm water.
- A mixture of Vinegar – Blend two cups of water with one cup of vinegar.
- A mixture of Solvent – Use a solvent with gasoline or a nail polish remover.
Create an aromatic cleaner that is non-toxic
For families with children and pets, non-toxic cleaners are always high on the priority list, particularly for items like your rugs that are used every day. To produce a non-toxic carpet cleaner that smells fantastic as well, combine:
- One cup of white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- Two cups of water
- Fifteen drops of essential oil.
Create a powdered cleaner
For spills and greasy stains, powdered carpet cleaners are excellent, and you can even make your own powdered cleaning solution at home. For a simple powdered rug cleaner, mix the following in a small bowl:
- One cup baking powder
- Crushed bay leaves
- One cup corn starch.
Make a cleaner and conditioner for the rugs
The most comparable to a commercial cleaner is this carpet cleaner and conditioner, which will leave your carpet clean, fresh, fluffy, and smelling fantastic. Combine in a bucket to produce this cleaner:
- 2 teaspoons of liquid detergent used for washing
- 1 scoop of vanish
- 1 teaspoon of cloth softener
- ¼ cup of all-purpose cleaner solvent
- 2 Liters of water.
Try a fast cleaner using lemon and hydrogen peroxide
A potent cleaner is hydrogen peroxide, and lemon is a grease-cutting cleaner that makes rugs smell great. To make a homemade rug cleaner, these two simple ingredients can be combined. In order to make it cleaner:
- Pour a bucket with ¾ cup of hydrogen peroxide
- Mix few drops of essential lemon oil
- Add two cups of water
- Stir in order to combine.
Try Borax and baking soda cleaning powder
Try to create a dry baking soda and borax powder for an even more powerful rug cleaner and deodorizer. To personalize the smell, you can also add your favorite flowers to the mixture. Combine in a bowl to create this cleaner:
- One glass of Borax
- One tablespoon of dried flowers or herbs
- One cup of baking soda
- A couple of drops of essential oil.