Everyone desires to have a clear and flawless skin free from imperfections. Having acne breakouts can make one get stressed and sort for all the available means to clear them. There are various methods available that can completely help you get rid of pimple breakouts. To get the best treatment option, pimples must first be identified whether they are severe, moderate or mild. Below are the major used to clear away all the skin blemishes and leave you with flawless skin.
This involves applying creams, gels or other suitable skin care products over the surface of your skin. This treatment is usually effective on mild to moderate cases. Here are some of the topical skin care products that are found to effectively help to clear pimples from your skin.
- Benzoyl peroxide – it comes in the form of a cream or gel, which is applied two times in a day. It is applied to the affected area 20 minutes after face cleansing. When used correctly as instructed it effectively clears all the skin blemishes with little or no side effects.
- Topical retinoid – it is usually used to clear moderate to severe pimples. It prevents plugging of dead skin cells on the hair follicles and reduces production of an oil called sebum produced by sebaceous glands, which is known to trigger breakouts. It comes in the form of a cream or gel, which is usually applied only one in a day, just before you go to sleep.
- Salicylic acid – used for treating mild non-inflamed pimples. It penetrates deep in your skin follicles, to unplug the comedo mal that is attached to the follicle lining. This prevents blocking of skin pores, which leads to breakouts. Salicylic acid comes in the form of lotions and creams. Continuous use of this product on the affected area will lead to a health and smooth skin.
- Azelaic acid – it kills the bacteria and eliminates dead skin cells. It comes in the form of a gel or cream. It provides rapid results.
Oral treatments involve a prescription which is usually taken on a daily basis.
- Oral antibiotics –usually recommended for moderate to severe pimples. It kills a pimple causing bacteria hence eliminating the pimples from your skin. A prescription from dermatologist or physician is needed for you to buy the medicine. Effects are not immediately felt, and you have to wait for about six weeks.
- Isotretinoin – it relieves you from severe cases. You need a prescription from a dermatologist. It works by pushing out the pimples causing bacteria found in the deeper skin layers. This will worsen the condition for the first few days and then completely clear your face from pimples.
When some hormones are elevated in your body, they accelerate breakouts. Hormonal therapy will help to balance and keep your hormones in the check, hence avoid the breakouts.
- Phototherapy – the treatment is done through light heat energy technology. This treatment exposes your skin to UVB light, preferably green or red light. Red light has some anti-inflammatory properties while green light will fight and kill all the bacteria responsible for breakouts.
- Laser treatment – this is very effective as it gets rid of all skin blemishes. It works by repairing your skin damaged tissues and killing the bacteria that might have clogged your skin pores. This procedure is completely safe and painless. There is little or no discomfort associated with this treatment. 1-2 weeks is needed to heal your skin and completely clear skin blemishes after the laser treatments.
Acne breakouts lower your confidence and make people look for all the means of getting rid of them. There are many available means of clearing your skin, but a lot of care is needed to avoid worsening the situation. Getting a high-quality skin treatment will not only clear away pimples, but it will also treat other skin conditions and avoid re-occurring of breakouts. There are a variety of methods available, and you can consult your dermatologist on which is the best treatment for you.
To be able to decide on which treatment to go for, first classify the pimples into severe, moderate and mild. This will help you to select the treatment that is most effective according to the severity of breakouts. The most available and widely used method is the application of topical treatments. This involves the application of creams, gels, and other skin care products over the surface of your skin. If the topical treatment is used correctly as instructed it clears away, all the skin blemishes leaving you smooth and flawless. Other available treatments include hormonal treatments and taking oral medications. Consult your dermatologist to know which treatment suits you.