Your business may need new flooring and you may be wondering which type of industrial floor coatings will be best for your business. Really, with the large variety of flooring options available, you will find it quite difficult to choose one specific coating for your business.
In order to make the best choice, you will need to consider several factors such as:
- The look you want on the floor.
- The functionality is important.
- The traffic and load it has to withstand and of course.
- The safety aspect.
However, the most important thing to consider is the material or the type of industrial floor coatings, which will be difficult if you are not knowledgeable about the types in the first place.
- You can choose a polished concrete flooring if you want a durable and solid surface. The look of it can be adapted depending on the simplicity or can be enhanced so that it blends with the design of your workplace. This is the best option if your business deals with hazardous materials.
- Rubber flooring is another common option for your business if you want a comparatively comfortable surface. It will also offer a great insulation and will be very useful to prevent slips, water and fire.
However, both types of flooring will need some cleaning and resurfacing if you want to maintain the appearance.
Some other common coating types
When it comes to industrial floor coatings and paints, the choice seems to be limitless. These types vary according to the material, uses or benefits.
You can take a look at the polyurethane floor coatings that are more elastic. However, these may not be as permanent as epoxies but will serve as a useful base for a variety of coatings such as decorative and antimicrobial.
The anti-slip floor coating is another type used to make the surface frictional and add special aggregate to the base. This will make the floor safer and will also withstand heavy machinery traffic.
Antimicrobial floor coatings are also there which is extremely suitable for medical or food industries. This type of flooring is recommended by the government in these industries as it releases antimicrobial agent slowly and create a non-porous surface. These types of coatings are epoxy or polyurethane based.
Try decorative floor coatings as well if you want aesthetic and value on your floor. There are lots of decorative commercial and industrial floor coatings available in an epoxy base.
Then there is the thermal shock-resistant floor coating option. These can withstand changes in temperature during steam cleaning so that it does not crack or peel.
Popular epoxy flooring
Epoxy flooring is the most popular type of industrial floor coatings. This comes in multiple layers of epoxy. This is applied to the floor to a depth of two millimetres at least. If it is less than that, it will be considered as epoxy floor coating.
Well, the different types of epoxy flooring options may create some confusion. These types are:
- Self-levelling epoxy floors that can be applied over new or old, cracked and damaged concrete floors to level it and provide a shiny and seamless look.
- Epoxy mortar floors is the most stringent system available made from 100% solid epoxies and sand that can be graded or quartz. These are highly chemically-resistant.
- Quartz-filled epoxy floors are combination of stained quartz grains and polymer resin suitable for high performance in decorative spaces and come with slip-resistant and sanitary properties.
You can also choose anti-static epoxy floors or epoxy flake floors. All these means you will need to do a fair bit of research while choosing the best industrial floor coatings for your specific workplace.