Safety has become one of the most talked about things in the world today. The crime rates have increased so rapidly over the last few years that people are anxious, wanting to make their homes, offices, and other commercial spaces safer and more secure. This need has given rise to several security measures such as alarm systems that blare and notify the concerned people in case of a break-in and roller shutters that can be used to keep doors and windows secure.
With the advancement in technology, the traditional pull and push shutters have been widely replaced with newer and easier to operate designs. However, before discussing the various different types of best roller shutters, here are some of the advantages of installing this security measure in your home:
Top Benefits of Installing Security Roller Shutters
It is no secret that roller shutters keep the premise safe and secure and prevent crimes like thefts and vandalism from taking place. However, that is not all. They are used by many people to keep burglars and vandals out when the house is unoccupied or the residents are on a long vacation. Given below are some of the best benefits of installing roller shutters:
- Security shutters also provide protection from sunlight. In some places of the world, the summer season can become really uncomfortable due to high humidity or hot winds that can sear the skin even when you are indoors. These shutters keep the heat out and help you maintain optimal temperature indoors. This improves comfort of residents in homes and improves productivity in offices and commercial spaces.
- Roller shutters are helpful in keeping the inside of the homes or offices safe from other weather conditions such as strong winds, rain, and snow. Sometimes extreme weather can cause extreme discomfort. Roller shutters are an aesthetic as well as effective way to keep the indoor temperatures comfortable. They operate smoothly in very hot conditions as well as in cold conditions.
- Apart from weather protection, security roller shutters maintain the cleanliness of the space by preventing dust, dry leaves, and other things to be blown in through the windows and the doors. Unlike windows which have crevices and openings at the edges, best roller shutters completely close the window and block any kind of debris from getting blown in.
- If your home or office is located near the street or somewhere where excess noise from outside poses problems, security roller shutters can be installed to keep the annoying sounds out. As roller shutters leave no gap between it and the window frame, they are the best option for noise reduction.
- Lastly, roller shutters also allow you to have total control over how much natural light you want in the room and keeps the space secure from the prying eyes and peeping toms. This feature of total control over privacy and light is one of the most important reasons why security roller shutters have become crucial installations in private homes as well as offices.
Types of Security Roller Shutters for Your Home and Office
There was a time when the simple push and pull security roller shutters were the only types available for garage doors and store fronts alike. However, several new types have been designed now. For example, most roller shutters used nowadays are less noisy and can are far easier to operate, closing and opening using an electric motor. They can be controlled with the help of a button on the wall or remotely as well.
Traditionally, best roller shutters had heavy metal strips. While these are still quite popular other types such as the grid shutters, mesh shutters etc. are also available. These are made up of sturdy metals like iron and steel and provide efficient protection. Lighter ones made from aluminium are easier to operate and can be coated with custom colours and designs, but is not as robust as steel or iron, from a security stand point.