There are a lot of people who look towards purchasing the solar systems and want to shift their houses and offices to using the green energy. However, they are unaware of how they should do it and what are the things that they must consider. Often people are seen trying to find a 2018 buyers guide to 5kw solar systems but things does not pay off because they overlook the basics. Here are three things that you should consider when you are considering solar panels for your homes and offices.
Quality of panels
Start with the quality of the panel that you are about to purchase because there are so many different types and options available to you. And the quality will certainly affect the electricity produced, its efficiency, and how long and effectively you will be able to use the system without running into any sorts of trouble. So, you should better consider the quality of your panels prior to anything. Seek help from the 2018 buyers guide to 5kw solar systems and get to know about which panels would be best for you.
Size of a panel
The size of a panel directly has to do with where you are looking to install it. There are instances when you will get a panel for less money which has a bigger size but is producing less electricity as compared to a panel from a well known brand which is smaller in size too. Therefore, be careful about the size of the panel and do know that the quality and brand would directly impact this factor too. In some cases, you will get bigger panels that produce lesser energy as compared to smaller ones with ability to produce more electricity.
Number of a panel
And then you have the number of panels required. Get to know about the average energy usage of your home and then opt for a system that helps you in getting the required electricity. For instance, you can use 10 plates of 500W to make a series which can produce 5kW or 5000 W current overall. So, estimate the energy required as you go out to purchase the solar panels.
What are the benefits of a personal solar system?
There are 3 main benefits to Solar Systems
- Save Money – Solar panels enable you to generate your own electricity. By using your own electricity rather than buying it from your electricity company, you will save money as every kW/h of electricity you can use from your solar system is a kW/h of electricity you do not have to buy from your electricity company.
- Help the Environment – By using electricity generated from solar panels, we reduce the need to generate electricity from fossil fuels like coal and gas which create carbon dioxide (CO2). This can reduce the potential for global warming and can create a more sustainable cleaner energy mix, as long as the solar panels will last a long time.
3) Sustainability – Solar energy is a renewable energy resource that can do useful work in many situations. Obviously, the more sunshine hours a place receives, the more energy generated.
Photovoltaics are one of the most environmentally-friendly ways to generate power today because they are silent, produce no emissions while in use and require no fuel to run them.
What makes up a solar system?
- Solar Panels – They are responsible of converting solar energy into usable electricity.
- Solar Inverters – It converts the variable direct current (DC) output of a photovoltaic (PV) solar panel into a 240V alternating current (AC).
- Batteries – They Store Energy
- Mounting Systems – Solar systems are mounted to roofs with a mounting system using
various railings, frames and tiles or tin feet