A beautifully designed website is a pillar to helping you grow your business online. Let’s understand how a Shopify design agency can help you grow your eCommerce site.
1. Choose a great theme for your site
Customers judge if they want to buy from you within 15 seconds or less. This is why it is extremely important to select the right theme for your business.
A great part about starting your store on Shopify is that you get ready-made templates that cater to your needs. They can be free or paid. The paid themes can cost you anywhere from $100 to $180.
A digital marketing agency that provides Shopify design services would ask you questions like the ones mentioned below, to better design your theme:
- How should your products be displayed on your site?
- What are the features you need for your store?
- What do you want your user journey to look like?
- What’s the kind of experience you want your users to have in your store?
- What is your budget?
Although almost all themes are responsive in 2021, it’s still a good hygiene check to check specially for a mobile-first option. This is why an agency that provides Shopify website design services is needed. They help you select the perfect theme for your business.
2. Shopify apps can help build your site
There are many apps that can help you intensify your marketing efforts and reach your brand’s targets. A Shopify website design company can help you select the right app for your store, depending on your needs:
- Sumo- to help with your marketing and promotion needs
- Plug in SEO- for all things Shopify SEO.
- Omnisend- for email marketing.
- Instagram Shop By SNPT- to make your Instagram feed shoppable.
- Bold Upsell- that allows you to cross-sell and up-sell your products.
- AfterShip- for all your order tracking requirements.
- HelpCenter- to help you create your FAQ page with ease.
There are many other apps you can use to make your Shopify store perform at its peak.
3. Ensure your site loads quickly
It’s no surprise that users will abandon their carts if your site takes too long to load. It is estimated a slow-loading website actually robs a business of almost $2.6 Billion in revenue each year.
That is why you should look at Google’s Page Speed Insights to understand how you can improve your website’s speed.
Another tool from Google that you should consistently use is the Mobile Friendly test that can show you how you can optimize your website for mobile users.
Hire a Shopify agency to improve your website speed by:
- Avoiding third-party themes. These have added features that can drag your website’s speed down.
- Compressing large images. Optimizing your images to Google’s specifications can help your site load faster.
- Analyzing your widget usage. Apps and widgets are great but if they slow your loading speed, you might want to reconsider combing through them and keeping only those required.
4. More visuals are the way to go
Think of when you last shopped for something online. Did a detailed product description help you shop faster, or was it the photos and videos?
This is why visual content directly influences the sales a business makes. Shopify has great themes like Boundless and Simple that will allow you to add high-quality images and videos of your products without losing out on loading speed. A Shopify Web design agency can help you select the right images for best showcasing your products.
5. Connect with leads through elements
Shopify elements allow you to connect with your prospects, and you can use these in strategic locations on your page.
A Shopify web design agency can add elements like social media buttons that help your customers understand your values and build loyalty.
Don’t forget to add an email sing up bar. This will allow you to catch leads, and you can drive them into your email campaigns.
6. Keep it simple
Simplicity is elegance. When you have a crowded store, it communicates a message that you are confused about what you want your customers to do on your site.
Intrinsically, they pick up on that.
Write all the things you need to have on your website and edit as many times you can. This way, you deliver the crux of your message confidently, building trust.
Something as simple as using the whitespace in your site allows customers to not feel overwhelmed by design.
We have given you six reasons how an agency that provides Shopify website design services helps speed up your revenue.
Added to their expertise in A/B testing and other industry-encouraged methods, they optimize your site according to the latest Google regulations, so you never have to worry about staying on top of the latest trends. So, focus on the aspects of the business you care about most and let the experts take over your Shopify designs.
Rahul Vij, co-founder of WebSpero Solutions, theater enthusiast; loves to talk about digital marketing and other emerging technologies. He believes in a learning mindset and is always looking to learn something new.