Although asphalt is tough and sturdy, it can still get damaged. To keep them looking new and healthy, asphalt driveways need regular maintenance. If you take good care and maintain your asphalt driveway well then it can significantly lengthen its life and grandeur. The plain asphalt can appear lustrous and spotless instead of oil-stained and grubby. When you properly maintain your driveway, it will also shield your investment. When you properly look after and maintain your new asphalt driveway, it will treat you well.
There are various elements that are working against your driveway; for instance, sun’s heat, cold, oils and daily deterioration. Know How to Budget for Asphalt Repairs.
Nonetheless, following the below-mentioned tips can definitely aid shielding your driveway from feeling like an off-road trip.
9 Vital Tips to Maintain Newly Paved Asphalt Driveway
- Asphalt is equally vulnerable to damage in summer and winter. There could be issues if you never shovel your driveway. Also, safety could be a problem here.
- If it’s actually hot outside then refrain from parking on your new asphalt driveway for 5 days. However, if it’s cool, you need to ideally wait for at least 3 days.
- Keep your driveway clear from any solvents or shore piling consisting of rocks or granular materials for extended time period.
- Spray onto the hole or crack using environmentally-safe weed killer or vinegar as soon as you observe any weeds growing in them so the crack doesn’t get larger.
- Refrain from leaving stuff like your barbeque, outside on the driveway in very hot conditions, particularly with asphalt.
- If you want to reseal your driveway, it’s ideal to have it re-sealed every 1 to 3 years. Nonetheless, if you stay in a region that experience hot summer or cold winter, it’s recommended that you reseal every year.
- As soon as possible clear out any substance from your asphalt driveway. If you detect oil leaks accumulating on your driveway, get in touch with Civil Construction Sydney Company for a consultation on how to solve this problem.
- Using asphalt crack filler, fill in any holes or cracks that you may come across in your driveway.
- You need to sweep every time after you have mowed your lawn, so as to keep grass clippings off your driveway. The seeds in the clippings can determine their path into the small cracks in your asphalt and thereby sprout the grass. It can make the cracks even bigger apart from being an eyesore.
In this way, ongoing maintenance can assist you to safeguard against agents that can harm your asphalt paving. Although, asphalt driveways are normally low on maintenance but some maintenance is still needed to ensure your asphalt driveway in Sydney retains its flexibility over the coming years. If you are planning for a driveway, asphalt driveway is far better then the concrete driveway. Here you can check the difference between asphalt driveway and concrete driveway.
Restore or Construct Brand New Asphalt Driveway
You can employ a Civil Engineering Company in Sydney (asphalt paving service) to breathe life into a damaged existing driveway or for constructing a brand new asphalt driveway.