We all face blocked drains from time to time. There may be times when, no matter how hard you try, the drains end up getting clogged every few days. Needless to say, we run helter shelter trying to find a plumber at odd hours to help us unclog a blocked drain. What if we told you that there are some very simple hacks that you can use to unclog the drain by yourself?
Presenting The 5 Super Hacks to Unclog Blocked Drains with Ease.
- Opt for a Toilet Plunger – Most of the drains come with a seal over them. In case of a blocked drain, remove the seal and use a toilet plunger to clean the clogged pipes. You can actually pour some boiling water over the drain and then use the plunger to remove the blockage. Keep on moving the plunger in and out till all the accumulated dirt gushes out. Once clear, pour a bucket of water to cleanse the pipe completely. Always keep a plunger handy at home to use in such emergency situations.
- Opt for Bleach – This is another amazing way to unclog drains. All you need to do is simply douse as many as 2 to 3 cups of bleach over the mouth of the drain. The bleach slowly trickles in and starts to work on the blocked drains and cleans it up. Keep the solution overnight in the drain pipe such that the bleach works on all hardened-up gung and loosens them. You can then use the backside of a mop stick to poke the same and remove all the dirt and grime from the pipe.
- Use Zip-it Strips – Another great way for blocked drains cleaning is by using zip-it strips. These are long plastic strips with a handle on it. This zip strip is so narrow that it can go down the drain mouth. You can use a zip-it stick to remove all the dirt, grime hair, and gunk accumulated inside the drainage pipe. A few shoves are enough to unclog the pipe and make it work in perfect condition.
- Opt for Professional Cleaning – It is important to understand that we cannot do everything by ourselves. There might be some really badly clogged drains that cannot get unclogged by you alone. In such cases, it is important to get a professional cleaning agent to address the problem. Cleaning agents have various chemicals at their disposal that they can use to unclog the drains. So, when you face an issue of clogged drains, ensure that you check the gravity of the situation and then take a call about whether you can handle it yourself or whether you will need professional help to do the same.
- Dish Soap and Water Mixture –This is another easy way to unclog drains. All you need is to mix dish soap (half a cup) in a bucket of water. You can also use lukewarm water for added benefit. Mix the soap in the water and then gush it down the mouth of the drain. The soapy water will actually aid in loosening the dirt inside the pipe. You can pour more than one bucket in the really bad scenario. Within a few hours, your drain will start functioning just like normal.
Keep these 5 simple and easy ways to clean blocked drains always handy. With these tricks, most of the times, you will be able to handle the situation yourself. In case it is beyond you, don’t hesitate in resorting to a professional cleaning service provider. Because a clean drain is one less thing to worry about!