Keeping your teeth in good condition is very important. This not only includes cavity-free teeth but also having white, shiny teeth. You must have seen people buying expensive toothpastes or applying teeth whitening methods to remove the yellow tinge off their teeth. There is no doubt that our teeth are regarded as one of the most essential part of our face from an aesthetic point of view. Having white teeth increases your self-confidence and makes you more presentable. It also creates a good impression on others.
Teeth WhiteningIf you smoke or drink too much tea or coffee, it is highly likely for you to have yellow and nicotine-stained teeth. The condition of the teeth can worsen leading to higher problems related to gums, bad breath and deterioration in the dental condition.
Natural teeth whitening remedies to keep your dental hygiene intact
Healthy and white teeth are a must; and to achieve this, there are many household natural teeth whitening methods to choose from.
- The first most important method is to brush your teeth after having every meal. If you have planned to drink with your friends, then you must brush your teeth after you get back home. For beginners, to follow the regular routine might be difficult but practice makes a man perfect. To avoid yellow tinge, you must stop smoking. If you are a tea/coffee addict, drink plenty of water after having tea or coffee.
- Hydrogen peroxide is well-known for its anti-bacterial properties. This makes it an outstanding cleaner for both mouth and the gums. Take half a glass of water and add half portion of hydrogen peroxide and rinse your mouth thoroughly for 60 seconds. Doing this will keep your mouth free from bad breath and all sorts of germs and bacteria. Not only this, hydrogen peroxide keeps your gums and teeth free from all sorts of dental diseases.
- Apart from water, you can also mix hydrogen peroxide with baking soda to make a paste. Apply this paste once in week to keep your teeth plaque-free. But, if you’re using baking soda, you must carefully wash your teeth so that there are no remains of baking soda left. If you don’t want to use baking soda, you can opt for a substance called white kaolin clay. After rinsing your mouth, apply oil extracts of coconut or clove to give your mouth a pleasant flavour.
- It is very natural to use coconut oil for your scalp, but it might be unusual to use coconut oil for your teeth. But, research says that coconut oil naturally whitens your teeth. It not only whitens your teeth but also keeps it in a healthy condition. Application of oil is very simple. First add few drops and squash it inside your mouth. Then add some oil to your tooth brush and thoroughly brush your teeth. Wash your mouth properly. Another way of applying the oil is to put it on a cloth and rub your teeth for a few minutes.
- Last but not the least, apple cedar vinegar is widely used as a whitening cleanser. Nicotine and coffee stains can be easily removed by using apple cedar vinegar. Applying it for a month at a stretch will ensure best results. The application is easy as well. All you need to do is to apply the vinegar to your finger and rub it on your teeth thoroughly for about 60 seconds and then wash your mouth with water.
Apart from all the teeth whitening methods stated above, other methods include application of orange peels, strawberries or lemon. One of the newest natural methods is to apply activated carbons. There are many companies that manufacture toothpastes with activated carbons.