Construction has laid the foundation of modern civilization! Starting from houses and business properties to roads, bridges and tunnels, construction has transformed humans to grow by offering the means required to make our lives simpler and comfier. Besides, the materials now used in construction are robust, suppler and long-lasting facilitating for more sustainable structures that are more eco-friendly and safer. One of the major factors that have contributed to superior-grade commercial concrete construction is attributed to formwork use.
Here, in this blog, you’ll get to know the following:
- The 3 Major Formwork Types &
- How Formwork Is Useful To The Construction Industry
What Is Formwork?
Formwork is an essential element in the construction industry and can be categorised into temporary and permanent form into which concrete is poured and later on, it hardens into the shape that has been created. Today, a variety of formwork is available for carrying out construction works. Depending on the structure that is being erected and the project’s budget, a suitable formwork type is selected for executing the work.
3 Major Formwork Types – Briefly Explained:
1. Concrete Formwork (Insulated)
- Concrete formwork (insulated) is quickly getting the acceptance due to its many advantages that include low costs and green (environmental) footprint.
- Usually, concrete formwork is assembled on-site and it stays in place once the concrete has hardened and provides several benefits.
- Moreover, concrete formwork (insulated) can be made quickly and it’s fire-resistant, provides improved thermal and sound insulation, as well as, it’s enduring.
- Now, several countries are using concrete formwork for their building construction works. That means this type of formwork will become widely used for housing and business properties in the foreseeable future.
2. Engineered Formwork
- Engineered formwork is extensively used these days. This formwork type makes use of prefabricated components with metal frames made from aluminium or steel.
- This formwork type can be reused many times over and aren’t complicated to use. This makes them a cost-effective and an automatic choice for many successful construction companies.
3. Timber Formwork
- Timber is an ancient formwork type, which is preferred for its humble costs and great accessibility.
- Timber formwork is made using plywood or lumber and it’s easy to be assembled; however, it has a short life and the process to make timber formwork is lengthy.
- The suppleness of timber is ideal for complex construction sections.
- As the labour costs tend to be cheaper with timber formwork, so it’s preferred. However, they aren’t recommended for constructing large structures.
How is Formwork Useful in the Construction Industry?
- Workers Safety: First and the foremost, formwork is essential for workers safety.
- Level Working Platform: Scaffolding formwork offers a safe and level working platform for many construction workers out there daily and rightly, it’s the backbone of any build.
- Two Major Types: Scaffolding formwork is accessible in temporary and permanent structures. In all likelihood, scaffolding formwork is temporary and detachable facilitating for modifications to be made swiftly and easily where needed. Conversely, construction formwork is generally permanent.
- Safe Work Site: Formwork will form the foundation of your concrete work and facilitate you with the support and load bearing required to make sure a safe work site with the least safety concerns.
Well, the quality of formwork used during construction affects not only the costs and effectiveness of each construction project but also workers safety. Therefore, when you want to buy scaffolding formwork in Sydney, always do your research first to find a scaffolding company having years of experience to ensure you get superior formwork for your project.