The practice of tattooing goes several generations back. A portrait tattoo generally drawn with the realistic image of anybody. A tattoo, barring a non-permanent one, is an invasive procedure that involves making colorful designs on the body (i.e. skin) with the help of indelible ink. The ink is inserted into the dermis, which is the layer just beneath the epidermis of the skin. By doing so, the normal pigment of the skin changes and it is masked through an array of colorful designs by a tattoo artist. Generally, it is done on the exposed skin areas like the arms and forearms, the opposite side of the palms, thighs, legs, back of the neck, shoulders, and on the stomach or on the back.
The variety of tattoos
Although people get a tattoo of almost anything on their bodies, it generally involves the names of their beloved or their kids. While some may even tattoo a famous quote, or a line said by some well-known person, others prefer designs and symbols that signify something. Dove, the mascot for peace, and stars, which stand for spirit and truth, are quite popular with tattoo enthusiasts. Other tattoo designs often times picked up by the individuals are the angel tattoo designs, which denote a figure of guidance and protection, and wings, which carry inspirational significance. A wide range of tribal art designs are available too, that are quite a rage with the modern people. Portrait Tattoos too, are becoming increasingly popular with today’s youngsters.
A portrait means a lifelike picture of any person or an individual, often depicting only the head and the shoulders. Portrait tattoos generally involve drawings and images of famous and well-known persons, who have made some contribution in their respective fields and those that are mostly preferred by the young generation today are:
- Che Guevara- Born in Argentina, he was a revolutionary who believed in Marxism.
- Michael Jackson-The famous entertainer, singer and dancer.
- Marilyn Monroe-The Famous American actress and model.
- Sports persons like cricketers, soccer players and others.
- Individual tattoos of members of some famous bands, rock stars and guitarists and other musicians.
- Popular politicians who fought for a noble cause, and famous environmentalists.
- Famous animation and cartoon characters like Mickey and Minnie Mouse, Donald and Daisy Duck, Scooby Doo, etc.
Reasons why people get a tattoo:
- Individuals like to get a tattoo for many reasons. This may include tattooing the name of a family member who is no longer with them, or the person they love and care for.
- Tattooing is considered as a way to stand out among the crowd, to let the whole world know what you care about and what your thoughts are. So, better you should go with the specialized person for Portrait tattoos, who draw a clean and well executed tattoo.
- Tattooing can simply mean doing it just because you want it, and listening to your inner voice and desire without thinking about what other people might say. No matter what we do, people will always have something to criticize us and comment about. So, isn’t it better to just brush aside all those fears, “ifs” and “what’s”, and go for what your heart really wants?
- Tattoos have medical uses too, and women who undergo a mastectomy (surgical removal of the breasts) often opt for a tattoo.
People who are looking for something different from the usual stuff can even go for 3-D tattooing and art. A tattoo in a 3-D format looks more attractive and catches more attention. It should be kept in mind that a tattoo is not meant for infants, children and adolescents. Getting a tattoo done requires a lot of maturity, and it is best that children are not made a part of this.