There are many a disease of the human body that are caused by viral infection. Each viral disease has different types of symptoms, way of entering body etc. One of the viruses that cause genital sores, cold sores and sometimes blisters is Herpes simplex virus, in abbreviation HSV. HSV is a physically transmitted disease that causes severe disease to human body, it can also be transmitted sexually. Usually, there are two kinds of HSV, HSV1 and HSV2. The first kind of HSV is spread through sexual contacts and results in blisters around mouth, causes cold sores. Type 2 is spread through contact if body fluid, be it blood or saliva.
How HSV works?
After making its way inside the human body, HSV attaches to any of the spinal nerves and stays dormant. Once it gets activated, it started causing its usual symptoms as discussed earlier. Doctors and medical scientists are still in dark about the factor that helps the activation of this virus. But there are many possibilities that had been drawn over the time. And they could be very potential triggers of the disease, Herpes.
- Stress – Be it physical or mental, stress can be a potential triggering factor.
- Exposure to Sunlight – UV ray can play the part of the villain.
- Lack of immunity – For other factors, if immunity decreases HSV may get activated.
- For women, HSV can be triggered during menstruation, pregnancy and other times when hormone levels fluctuate.
- Irritation or sweating in genital area.
Hence, one can take precautions accordingly not to activate the HSV should it be dormant in any of the spinal nerves. One can take help of yoga or simple breathing process not to be overstressed. Wearing loose clothing’s not to irritate or cause any discomfort in the genital area is an option. In spite of all the precautions, if HSV gets activated the following symptoms will first be noticed in the first 3-14 days.
There are a number of steps the symptoms will release in. One needs to consult a doctor and be treated as soon as possible once the primary symptoms start showing.
Here is a list of the primary symptoms.
- Mild itching, discomfort or red skin.
- Aching muscles, headache and the usual symptoms of flu
- Burning sensation while urinating
- Discharge from genitals
- In rare cases, small red bumps.
- Cold sores around the mouth or inside
- Blisters formed in different intimate areas of body
- With time, blisters might turn into ulcers and discharge fluid
For recurrent attack of HSV virus, the complete healing process will take a span of ten days to three weeks and for the ones affected with HSV for the first time, disinfection process might take a longer span of 3 to 6 weeks. The number of recurrent attacks on a patient depends on a few physical factors of the concerned human being. The number of outbreaks depend on a prime factor which is the tolerance level of antibody. The recurrent herpes attacks come within 6 months from the first attack and the recurrence of the attacks shall last a span of 3 to 5 years. Herpes is not a disease that can be rooted out with one blow. It will need continuous effective treatment to decrease the number of attacks and gradually it can be rooted out.