Your boyfriend’s birthday is round the corner and you are in panic mode. You have reached saturation point; you’ve been with him long enough to have given him every possible gift that he likes and now you simply don’t know what to do. Seems like a legitimate scenario?
At some point or the other we have all faced such a crisis and failed to deliver on the special person’s special day. It might not have been a boyfriend but a man nonetheless. It is common knowledge that it is quite hard to shop for men: the number of things available in the market and the variety is relatively scarce for this sex. Thinking of a gift for a boyfriend becomes doubly hard in such a case. So what does one do after having exhausted all options? Think out of the box, of course. It might be straining in the beginning but once the juices start to flow, there is no dearth to the creative ideas one can think of.
Here are some ways in which one can turn common everyday gifts into thoughtful gestures:
- Personalization: One of the easiest ways to make an everyday object new and attractive is by personalizing it. One can log on to websites and buy everyday gifts like cushions, mugs, photo- frames, diaries, passport- holders etc. and have them customized with a personal message, a story, a significant photo or merely one’s partner’s name. It is sure to bring a smile on the recipient’s face and prove to be of practical use as well.
- Crafting: One of the most cost- effective techniques, crafting a gift can go a long way. With usual everyday materials one can build useful stuff like pen- holders, embroidered handkerchiefs, stationery products etc. for no real expenses. This will only strengthen the bond and convey the message of love and care by the effort put into the making of the gift.
- Longevity: A way to make a real impact is to give gifts that are used over a period of time in regular intervals. One can buy a year’s worth of tickets for the sports that one’s boyfriend enjoys. One can also gift him vouchers, applicable over a period of time, from his favorite shopping website. This way he can buy whatever he likes without one having to fret over the best gift as per his taste. Also, the impact of the gift stays for a long period of time.
- Travelling: Another way to make someone’s special occasion extravagant is by travelling. A personal, romantic time at an exquisite resort where one can relax and have a nice time off one’s hectic schedule will always be a wonderful gift.
- Surprise: Last but not the least, a surprise can never go wrong. A bottle of wine, his favorite movie and good food at a time when he is least expecting it can be a marvelous, thoughtful gesture. This kind of personalization is light on the pocket and he is sure to remember it for a long time to come.